TNTP Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNTP Program Manager Interview Questions

3.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview experience with TNTP was completely unprofessional. The interviewer and I scheduled a time to speak via phone and the time was confirmed. She called an hour early, never having realized it was not our confirmed time to speak. I was thrown off guard, I wasn't expecting the call for another hour. We spoke briefly and after I pointed out the mix up, we arranged to speak the next day. Again, time and date was confirmed. I waited for the call and nothing. Half an hour after our call had been scheduled, I emailed her to inquire about our conversation. She emailed me hours later and asked if I was available to speak then, at 9pm at night. She had forgotten we were to speak and had not scheduled it into her calendar. Once again, we set up another date and time to speak and finally, on the third try, did I have a conversation with her. I was to hear back regarding next steps within a week, two weeks later and nothing. I followed up and she responded that the position had already been filled.

I would proceed with caution when interviewing with TNTP. Nothing about the process was smooth or professional. HR really needs to vet the professionalism and courtesy behind their interviews. If this is how they communicate to potential candidates, it is not a great impression on them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you led, from beginning to end?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TNTP

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TNTP in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a month later I received an email from the recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview and to provide her with my availability for the remainder of the week and that she would confirm a time immediately. I provided my availability and I did not hear back and I followed up three times before she responded with an apology three weeks later and finally a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview went fine and the recruiter mentioned that I would hear about next steps by the end of the week. Two weeks after I followed up asking about my status and did not receive an update until two weeks after the phone interview. I was informed that I would be moving on to the next step which is completing an exercise. I received the email late Friday and that the project would be due on Monday. This was an exercise that took a significant time to complete. I submitted it on Monday as they required and I received a response from another recruiter thanking me for my time and that I would received an update the following week. I did not receive an update the following week and finally I received an email late Friday night thanking me for my time and that while my qualifications were impressive, they had identified other candidates whose skills and experience more closely meet their needs. The process took 14 weeks from the day I applied to the final email. Throughout the process I did not feel valued as a candidate and it highlighted what their organization culture is like how unprofessional their recruiters are, and their horrible recruiting process.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and it took a while to hear back, but that was mainly due to the holiday season. Had a phone screen, 3 phone interviews, a skills test, and then one in person interview. The process was clear and communication was consistent. The process just took a while due to the all the steps and scheduling around availability. However, I never had to wait more than 3 days to hear next steps after my phone screen. Excellent experience as a candidate, start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a project you managed start to finish and what tools you used to do so.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to persuade someone in leadership.   Answer Question
    • Which of the 6 values do you see yourself having the most trouble with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY).

Interview

Cover letter (tailored to position), assignments related to the position, phone interview with hiring manager, final interview on-site. Lots of excellent communication from the hiring team. Very helpful throughout the entire process. Was always given the opportunity to ask question; was connected with others on the team, to get their perspective on what it might be like to work there. Felt very taken care of the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a person who was managed by a person I was managing disagreed with the feedback his/her manager had given her? How would I approach the person I manage and how would I approach the person below him/her to encourage him/her to receive the feedback (not necessarily agree with it, though) in a productive way?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took just over two months in total. They are a remote organization so at some point you will have to fly to meet your would-be manager in person. There were 4 phone interviews, one in person interview, and one hiring exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TNTP (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The same day I submitted my resume they emailed me to ask me to complete an assignment as a part of the interview process. It took a day to research the company and complete the assignment. Then the next week I had an in person interview. It was very strange. She typed everything I said like a zombie. Very impersonal and just weird overall. A day or so later they sent me an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TNTP in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from HR inviting me to complete a written assignment that would mimic the conditions of the job I was applying for. I was given about 3 days to complete the assignment and told to make 'assumptions' while completing it. The assignment was fairly labor-intensive, and did require me to make a lot of assumptions about background and project goals. From my end I felt as though I had the skills to complete the assignment, but didn't have enough background to make truly informed decisions while completing the task, so I was not surprised when they did not invite me for an interview. Given the amount of time required for the assignment, it was disappointing that they offered no feedback whatsoever. I really wish they had completed a phone screening first so that I could have learned more about the position and what they were looking for before investing all of that time into their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Written assignment based on the position you are applying for.   Answer Question