TNTP Teaching Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TNTP Teaching Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

An initial application was submitted, an email of acceptance was then sent out. Following acceptance there was a video call interview in which you are asked questions to assess your motivations. Within a week of this interview, the final decision was sent out for acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to teach in urban communities?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TNTP

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I began this process feeling positive and thrilled. The phone interview was pretty much disappointing since they didn't not seem as excited to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the printer at school did not work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview that took no more than ten minutes. It was the final interview before I received an offer. I wasn't allowed to ask questions. I was tested on my knowledge of teaching theory and ability to demonstrate methods that I had not been taught. The interviewer was clipped and dismissive, but the process was still fairly easy. By the time they got back to me, I was expected to take an entrance exam, read a teacher's manual, pay my tuition, and move to the location they wanted me within three weeks. All of this would require payment on my part, and ultimately tuition and board for six weeks of 10-hour day trainings. It seemed scammy so I backed out. They all but begged me for the next 3 weeks to change my mind and come work for them - which was indicative to me that they aren't as selective or top-tier as the claim to be.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are about to begin teaching a lesson. Some of your students are fidgeting with items at their desks. How do you proceed?   1 Answer

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. They asked me to role-play through a few "classroom" events and then to analyse a few scenarios about students & family. Then they told me they would get back. I got a place in pre-service training based on the interview. PST is not a job offer, but they will tell you that everyone who passes ends up teaching in the schoolyear. Yes, well... a job offer is almost an unspoken requirement for passing PST. Most trainees were cut from the program - even some with job offers!

Interview Questions

• Bobby's mom sends him to school. She has to go to work, so she can't go with him. She makes sure he has enough time to be at school before the bell. However, Bobby stops at the candy shop with his friends every morning and comes to class late. Whose fault is it that Bobby shows up late to class? (You are supposed to give a percentage to assign the fault)

Then:
      You call Bobby's mom and tell her what is happening. She gets mad and seems to think that you are saying she's a bad parent. She calls the principal to complain about you. You all have a conference. What would you say to her?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was tough. You have a VERY long application to fill out. Then there are multiple phone calls and multiple in-person interviews. However, once the ball gets rolling, things are smooth. TNTP is EXCELLENT at following-through. Emails, phone calls, etc. are constant. They were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle someone who is out-of-control?   1 Answer