TOMS Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Wildly unprofessional interview experience.

Head of creative reached out to me directly online. We scheduled a phone interview, they never called until I emailed to check in. After the call, we set up an in-person the next day with the implication of meeting with rest of team. When I came in, it was just the one creative director and they interviewed me in the waiting/lunch area in full earshot of the entire company—a bit of an awkward interview situation. They asked me to send additional work samples; I did so and never received a response or follow-up.

One month later, a contract recruiter reached out to me about the same role. Obviously no internal communication.

While I am a fan of the company and their mission, the interview was a big red flag for the way the creative team was led and operated. Head of creative did not seem to have a strong grasp on the role they were hiring for or design in general.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TOMS

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOMS (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was notified at least a month after submitting my resume on line for a preliminary phone interview, during which two different positions were discussed. About a week later, I was asked to send in examples from my portfolio for one of the positions, explaining that this position was a priority. I had the impression the HR person was simply telling me what had been told to her and did not have very much information about the specific role. The interviewers were very astute, pleasant, and examined my resume carefully. We proceeded to look through my portfolio, and they expressed their concerns about how some of the work seemed inconsistent with their brand, but were very cordial and polite.

Interview Questions

• I'm concerned that most of your work is for a brand which has a very different design aesthetic than ours.   1 Answer