TOTAL Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TOTAL Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied through university. Was contacted within a couple of weeks to set up an interview. Interview was laid back. Mostly behavioral questions like describe a time when you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. The interview finished with one technical question to assess communications skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TOTAL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

That was a average interview. they askme about 4 questions, like how to control a system with electric equipments? and also what have I achieved on my own? they told me its ok if I dont the exact answer for the technicl question because they know i have not have experience before, they just wanted to see my logic reasoning.

Interview Questions

• what system would you use to electrially control a system in the refinery?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TOTAL (Lagos (Nigeria)).

Interview

Very unprofessional interviewers, more interested in who you know and your personal life than your ability to do the job. It seems to be the typical Nigerian situation where the interview is just a show and someone has already been selected for the job. Aggressive, rude senior interviewer, generally a very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other people who are interviewing for this job? Do you really think you're better than them?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel comprising of a few departmental heads. The questions asked were technical. What happens to hydrocarbons when they escape into the atmosphere. What is fire point and flash point? What is the second law of thermodynamics? Alternative sources of energy? What is NDT (non destructive test)? I was handed a diagram showing different tanks and pump configurations then asked to choose which is the best position for placing the pump to move fluid from one tank to another. FInally I was asked what safety meant to me.