TOTAL Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TOTAL Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at TOTAL

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two Rounds technical questions For writers, a random sentence can help them get their creative juices flowing. Since the topic of the sentence is completely unknown, it forces the writer to be creative when the sentence appears. There are a number of different ways a writer can use the random sentence for creativity. The most common way to use the sentence is to begin a story. Another option is to include it somewhere in the story. A much more difficult challenge is to use it to end a story. In any of these cases, it forces the writer to think creatively since they have no idea what sentence will appear from the tool.

Interview Questions

• They asked about engineering questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TOTAL

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview on campus. Met with two people one technical and one from HR. Both were friendly and were looking to hire nice hard working individuals. No technical questions were asked. only had to do one on campus interview and got a call a month later.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in school where you struggled   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took about two weeks. I basically had 4 overall interviews with TOTAL. The first day was with HR and the hiring manager; and the follow-up interview day was with two other managers in the department. Luckily, most of the questions between the managers were all similar. I was hired a couple of days later after my follow-up interview and I had 24 hours to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations as an intern (at least not from me). It's pretty ideal to get paid $20/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TOTAL (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked about my background, research interests, and what I hope to get out of the internship. The interviewer went over the problems the company is interested in, the kind of technologies being utilized, and what is expected of an intern to achieve over the course of an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Doha (Qatar)) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple face to face interview - Career motivation and general competency. Review of CV was part of the interview as well as working on case studies in the discipline. Whole process lasted around half an hour. There interview was with the head of production with another member of the division sitting in to take notes. Midway through the interview their roles swapped and the questions went from fit questions to testing technical competency

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work in production over other divisions in the firm. How do ou think you can add value?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOTAL (Paris (France)) in January 2014.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was invited for an interview at their HQ where I met both my supervisor and the department head. The questions were direct and related to the opportunity I had applied for. My interviewers had a good rapport and were not malicious in their questions.
    They were also very open to discussing the PROs and CONs of the role and company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to this offer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Everything started smoothly. I was asked for my CV. The CV was looked through and according to it I was asked questions. About my university and the previous internship I conducted.

Interview Questions

• Why did I transferred from geological engineering to reservoir engineering.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL in October 2011.

Interview

Got the interview through my university's career website. Interview was frustrating because the kept repeating the same questions in different ways. Emphasized on projects and had a lot of behavioral questions. Be prepared! Also asked a technical question. Interview was supposed to be 25 minutes, lasted an hour!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TOTAL in January 2015.

Interview

easy and just one call. It is very easy if your university has some connections with this company and there is not a lot of opening position to the public specially online. They usually directly sent some project emails to the friendly university and college. You can only pick up some opportunities by chance.

Interview Questions

• tell them something about yourself, special the list on your CV.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Very fast process. I got the phone call 1 day after I applied through the job portal. The interview is 1 to 1. Very straightforward questions: Tell me about yourself, what is your strength/weakness? Why do you want to apply for this position?