TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Scheduling & Performance Control H D A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy.
    Basic question about describing you and what you know about the company.
    Describing the role you were interviewing for and also how good can you do the job as decscribe in the job description.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied this internship through our school website. And i received an email confirming me that i am selected. So all the questions are behavioral questions, such as " do you have a strong sense of mission" or "tell me more about yourself". It was not bad at all; however, i was not well prepared at that time, so i got really nervous and blank minded. Make sure that you listen carefully to what they are asking for, and jump right to the point when you answer the questions.

Senior Consultant, Internal Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

To short and interviewee did not even have the answers to all of my questions, when I asked questions concerning the job description about the access data base they used and required for employment, the HR screening could not answer my question. She did not understand the job desription

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my SOX Experience   1 Answer

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was behavioral based questions. The recruiters were very friendly. they asked questions like tell us when ..... a particular situation. use the star approach when answering these questions. They also want to know that you've done your research so tailor your answers to their requirements too.

Interview Questions

• The first question was tell us what you know about total   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied through university. Was contacted within a couple of weeks to set up an interview. Interview was laid back. Mostly behavioral questions like describe a time when you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. The interview finished with one technical question to assess communications skills.

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply through University Career website. Was email about the interview offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. No Technical Question at all. Very straightforward questions about yourself, about the company. The atmosphere was very intense because the HRs just kept writing down what they heard. No eye contract with you at all. Be prepared to feel comfortable with that type of HR.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Contracted Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by TOTAL for a position that they decided would be a contracted position to start. They didn't yet have the full scope or the depth of the position defined, nor knew exactly the lines of responsibility. According to the HR person, who had been employed there a whopping total of 4 days before I came in for the interview, this position was not yet a firm one, and subject to modification or elimination, meaning, they don't know what the hell they want. But, when I got there, I was told they thought my background was "interesting" and "curious" and the only thing that was decisive here was that they wanted was to waste my time and money. Oh yes... they don't offer interview candidates any place to park at their downtown Houston office, so I had to spend $10 to park my car for the privilege of satisfying their "curiosity". I feel like sending them an invoice for the parking lot cost and for my wasted time. Would I be wrong to do that?

Interview Questions

• Would you consider learning how to build a website?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Port Arthur, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied through the career center at my university. The interview was full of situation question. For example: How has the coursework prepared you for this position? Why do you want to intern with Total Petrochemicals? Tell me about a time when you felt overwhelmed with projects or work, and what did you do? Tell about your experience with working in teams?

Interview Questions

• How has the university's coursework prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with a project or work, and what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in working with groups   Answer Question