TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Drilling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for drilling supervisor role by HR from Pau, France. Scheduled a phone interview with HR and basically discussed my experience and what I was looking for in position. Was given overview of position and work atmosphere and expectations. We discussed availability/ time frame for starting and was told that I was exactly what they were looking for. HR contact informed me that he would push me through to the 3rd level of interview process because they were certain that I was an excellent candidate. Told me I would be contacted within 1-2 weeks for scheduling of next interview.
    It has now been 3 months, and I have not heard a single word back. I attempted to contact my HR contact 4 times to try to follow up and did not even receive the common courtesy of being told that they had changed their mind or that I was no longer being considered.
    I was very disappointed with Total in the handling of this whole process. Very unprofessional.

Scheduling & Performance Control H D A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy.
    Basic question about describing you and what you know about the company.
    Describing the role you were interviewing for and also how good can you do the job as decscribe in the job description.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied this internship through our school website. And i received an email confirming me that i am selected. So all the questions are behavioral questions, such as " do you have a strong sense of mission" or "tell me more about yourself". It was not bad at all; however, i was not well prepared at that time, so i got really nervous and blank minded. Make sure that you listen carefully to what they are asking for, and jump right to the point when you answer the questions.

Senior Consultant, Internal Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

To short and interviewee did not even have the answers to all of my questions, when I asked questions concerning the job description about the access data base they used and required for employment, the HR screening could not answer my question. She did not understand the job desription

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my SOX Experience   1 Answer

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was behavioral based questions. The recruiters were very friendly. they asked questions like tell us when ..... a particular situation. use the star approach when answering these questions. They also want to know that you've done your research so tailor your answers to their requirements too.

Interview Questions

• The first question was tell us what you know about total   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied through university. Was contacted within a couple of weeks to set up an interview. Interview was laid back. Mostly behavioral questions like describe a time when you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. The interview finished with one technical question to assess communications skills.

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply through University Career website. Was email about the interview offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. No Technical Question at all. Very straightforward questions about yourself, about the company. The atmosphere was very intense because the HRs just kept writing down what they heard. No eye contract with you at all. Be prepared to feel comfortable with that type of HR.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Contracted Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by TOTAL for a position that they decided would be a contracted position to start. They didn't yet have the full scope or the depth of the position defined, nor knew exactly the lines of responsibility. According to the HR person, who had been employed there a whopping total of 4 days before I came in for the interview, this position was not yet a firm one, and subject to modification or elimination, meaning, they don't know what the hell they want. But, when I got there, I was told they thought my background was "interesting" and "curious" and the only thing that was decisive here was that they wanted was to waste my time and money. Oh yes... they don't offer interview candidates any place to park at their downtown Houston office, so I had to spend $10 to park my car for the privilege of satisfying their "curiosity". I feel like sending them an invoice for the parking lot cost and for my wasted time. Would I be wrong to do that?

Interview Questions

• Would you consider learning how to build a website?   1 Answer