TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TOTAL (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked about my background, research interests, and what I hope to get out of the internship. The interviewer went over the problems the company is interested in, the kind of technologies being utilized, and what is expected of an intern to achieve over the course of an internship

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied this internship through our school website. And i received an email confirming me that i am selected. So all the questions are behavioral questions, such as " do you have a strong sense of mission" or "tell me more about yourself". It was not bad at all; however, i was not well prepared at that time, so i got really nervous and blank minded. Make sure that you listen carefully to what they are asking for, and jump right to the point when you answer the questions.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Phone interview and a site interview. The phone interview is verifying my experience and the site interview was about whether or not I would be a good fit. The people were very friendly and the interview is a panel interview with hr, then a phone interview with hr, and finally a panel interview with engineering and hr.

Interview Questions

• Mainly soft skills questions, nothing technical.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant, Internal Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

To short and interviewee did not even have the answers to all of my questions, when I asked questions concerning the job description about the access data base they used and required for employment, the HR screening could not answer my question. She did not understand the job desription

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my SOX Experience   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

The interview phases consisted of an initial 10 minute interview with HR reps from the different sites the company was hiring for and a second circuit interview at whichever site was interested in you after the first stage. The circuit interview consisted of 5, 20 minute interviews with various process supervisors from the site. Questions ranged from basic behavioral questions to questions about past experience and why you are pursuing the job itself. The questions are designed to make the interviewee present a problem, their solution to the problem, and the result of how their solution to the problem worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a union contraft job, so there were no negotiations.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was behavioral based questions. The recruiters were very friendly. they asked questions like tell us when ..... a particular situation. use the star approach when answering these questions. They also want to know that you've done your research so tailor your answers to their requirements too.

Interview Questions

• The first question was tell us what you know about total   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied through university. Was contacted within a couple of weeks to set up an interview. Interview was laid back. Mostly behavioral questions like describe a time when you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. The interview finished with one technical question to assess communications skills.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. After one phone screen I was brought in to meet with the VP and some colleagues. The next round was with the CEO. The final interview was by video with the department head in Paris. An offer came shortly after. The whole process took less than 2 months from application to start date. That is uncommon. I have seen Total take 6 months to decide on a candidate.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. They want to see that you have done your research on the company, can do the job, and most importantly, are a fit with the culture since French companies are a bit different than those from the U.S.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in over their stated expected range so there was no negotiation

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   1 Answer

Senior Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at TOTAL in May 2014.

Interview

Straightforward and easy. Two interviewers, one expat. Lasted for about an hour. Liked it a lot. There was no question that I didn't know the answer to. I strongly recommend applying to the company.