TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.8

Senior Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at TOTAL in May 2014.

Interview

Straightforward and easy. Two interviewers, one expat. Lasted for about an hour. Liked it a lot. There was no question that I didn't know the answer to. I strongly recommend applying to the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with someone from human resources. Then there was a face to face interview about two weeks later. This was with three different people, individually. One was HR again, just reviewing the position and signing paper work. The other two were with hiring manager and supervisor, both were pretty similar questions and pretty easy going.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply through University Career website. Was email about the interview offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. No Technical Question at all. Very straightforward questions about yourself, about the company. The atmosphere was very intense because the HRs just kept writing down what they heard. No eye contract with you at all. Be prepared to feel comfortable with that type of HR.

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on site. Based on your resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL in November 2013.

Interview

I applied on the web portal and was contacted 3 weeks later by e-mail to plan a phone interview.
    Regular question about my previous experiences and about my mobility and motivation to join them.
    Usually this is followed by a face to face meeting that I could avoid by being abroad.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Team interview on site. Very relaxed. Profressional. Specific to my job and experience.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to help/improve/motivate   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly easy. Not much room for negotiation...but fair.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business

Interview Questions

• N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Applied through my school's job posting system and was invited to an interview. I was interviewed by three people. One was in HR, not sure what the other two were in. Basic behavioral questions and one technical question. The interview was really laid back, they just wanted to talk about my resume and what I like to do outside of school. Got a call back from HR about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions like "How do you deal with people in groups", "What do you consider you biggest weakness", etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. Pay was really really good and was actually more than some of my friends that are doing upstream work. They also gave a very generous moving expense stipend.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online then about a month later had a 30 minute interview, a few weeks later had a face-to-face interview with 3 people (HR,Hiring manager, VP of the group). Its was more of a round table discussion with multiple personality questions followed by job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer