TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TOTAL

2.8

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very relaxed. I was able to interview with them because I had a little bit of experience. They appreciated all extra-curricular activities that I participated in because they are looking for well rounded students with good communication skills.

I had already accepted with another company. The offer was $33/hr

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Phone interview and a site interview. The phone interview is verifying my experience and the site interview was about whether or not I would be a good fit. The people were very friendly and the interview is a panel interview with hr, then a phone interview with hr, and finally a panel interview with engineering and hr.

Interview Questions

• Mainly soft skills questions, nothing technical.   1 Answer

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Port Arthur, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied through the career center at my university. The interview was full of situation question. For example: How has the coursework prepared you for this position? Why do you want to intern with Total Petrochemicals? Tell me about a time when you felt overwhelmed with projects or work, and what did you do? Tell about your experience with working in teams?

Interview Questions

• How has the university's coursework prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with a project or work, and what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in working with groups   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Beaumont, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply through University Career website. Was email about the interview offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. No Technical Question at all. Very straightforward questions about yourself, about the company. The atmosphere was very intense because the HRs just kept writing down what they heard. No eye contract with you at all. Be prepared to feel comfortable with that type of HR.

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Beaumont, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

They came to the school and interviewed me after reviewing my application on Handshake. A link was then sent out and you signed up for a time slot. I heard back a few weeks later. </3

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOTAL in September 2016.

Interview

Standard Industry tests, 5 minute interview with HR and office folks, multiple consecutive 15 minute interview by supervisors and management. Very professional and, just be well prepared. They can whittle a group of 2k down to 20 or so cantidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you witnessed something on the job that made you uncomfotable.   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

The interview phases consisted of an initial 10 minute interview with HR reps from the different sites the company was hiring for and a second circuit interview at whichever site was interested in you after the first stage. The circuit interview consisted of 5, 20 minute interviews with various process supervisors from the site. Questions ranged from basic behavioral questions to questions about past experience and why you are pursuing the job itself. The questions are designed to make the interviewee present a problem, their solution to the problem, and the result of how their solution to the problem worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a union contraft job, so there were no negotiations.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was behavioral based questions. The recruiters were very friendly. they asked questions like tell us when ..... a particular situation. use the star approach when answering these questions. They also want to know that you've done your research so tailor your answers to their requirements too.

Interview Questions

• The first question was tell us what you know about total   1 Answer

Senior Consultant, Internal Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

To short and interviewee did not even have the answers to all of my questions, when I asked questions concerning the job description about the access data base they used and required for employment, the HR screening could not answer my question. She did not understand the job desription

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my SOX Experience   1 Answer