TPP Marketing and Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TPP Marketing and Communications Interview Questions

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsforth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TPP (Horsforth, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

This was my final stage interview with senior members of the company. They started by introducing themselves and then, looking at my CV in front of them, asked a few questions about it. They then said they had some puzzles for me and fired maths questions at me such as 8 x 7, 14 x 14, what is the probability of a couple having a baby girl if they already have a boy etc etc. Afterwards they said there was no maths in the job and people tend to get the questions wrong but they want to put you under a lot of pressure and see how you react. It was not a pleasant experience! They then asked me to think of something in the news that we could argue about, I could choose to argue for or against and they would argue the other side. This wasn't too bad as I chose the EU referendum and was pretty up-to-date with the arguments. However, they were strong in their argument to stay in the EU and definitely tried to trip me up with questions. Finally they asked me to tell them absolutely everything I knew about TPP and then asked me further questions about the company to really press me for what I knew.

It was a very odd interview, I felt that they were deliberately asking me awkward questions such as: What did you enjoy least about your year studying abroad, and when I responded with homesickness they said no you can't have that, choose something else. The whole experience only lasted around half and hour but my advice would be to not get flustered or emotional, even if you get the maths question wrong, as this is what they are trying to make you do!

Interview Questions

• Argue one side of something that you've seen in the news and we will argue the other   1 Answer
  • Cube root of 125   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TPP

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two short interviews, and two short written tests. As part of the interviews there were various brain teasing exercises
    They asked me to bring writing samples but never referred to them

Interview Questions

• What is one thing on your CV that is not true?
      If you could have dinner with 3 famous people, who?   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one telephone interview and then came in to meet the marketing and comms team and then again to meet the Managing Director and Head of Informatics. I really enjoyed the face to face interviews and found meeting the whole marketing team very helpful. The final interview with the directors was actually surprisingly fun and I really enjoyed it. Although some of the questions (especially the logic ones) were difficult, I found the experience on the whole really pleasant and challenging in a good way. I've had a few interviews over my working career and I definitely felt most comfortable and warmed to tpp the most.

Interview Questions

• There were a few logic/puzzle type questions. A few questions like: 'how would your best friends describe you?' 'Tell us about a difficult conversation you've had with a colleague'   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview (after my telephone interview) and asked pretty interesting questions. I was also asked to sit a writing test - just make sure you're up to date with current affairs.

I liked the interviewers and was told at the end of the interview that they really liked me - they asked when I could start and also asked me to come back later in the week to meet their comms directors. I did so, but on that second day I was interviewed by two other company directors. I queried where the comms director was and was informed they hadn't been told I was supposed to be meeting her. They asked if I'd mind doing a third interview with the comms director there and then, and apologised for their lack of organisation. It was a good thing I'd checked with them since the travel to the interview had been quite long, and I wouldn't have been happy if they'd asked me to come back again a third time because of their own failure to communicate!

I had left the first interview with the impression that they wanted to give me the role, so was quite surprised when I was interviewed the two times, and eventually rejected. Obviously, I had misunderstood them!

The interviewers were very nice, and I can't say that anything I'd read online (negative reviews) were found to be true at my interview.

Unfortunately, when rejected (by email - which I thought was lazy), the email wasn't even addressed to me. I had to call and check the outcome. After I'd explained that I'd been sent a rejection email addressed to someone else, I was told that the lady who had sent the email was unavailable to speak to, but they could confirm that the content of the email was correct.

I was annoyed that they didn't call me to reject me, and that they didn't get my name right, particularly because I spent over five hours travelling to and from those interviews. I think it's a great company and I would've loved to work for them, but unfortunately I got the impression that they didn't care very much about the small things - like basic interview etiquette.

I decided to write this review because we actually spoke about their negative online company reviews in the interview. I know that this will be read by them and I hope that they will consider changing how they deal with interview outcomes.

I appreciate them reimbursing me for my travel!

Marketing and Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TPP.

Interview

They were quite aggressive and constantly trying to trip me up throughout the interview. You will give them answer and they will tell you it's a 'generic' or 'stupid' answer. It wasn't as bad as I expected from reading the reviews on here but I think that is because I was prepared for the worst so their rudeness didn't phase me. I wouldn't work for them they were the last company on earth but it was quite good experience to practice my interview technique. I asked them about their glass door reviews and they squirmed a bit, especially when I asked them if specific things were true.

Interview Questions

• What on your CV is the closest thing to a lie?   1 Answer