TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Long Application.. 5months later got an interview, failed it and took it again 3 to 5months later... computer based.. math, english, and xray. xray part you will have to spot all the prohibited items in bags.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It went well. I was confident after briefly studying the Administration and with my strong customer service background. The process took 1 year to complete. The interview involved a panel. I was asked several questions involving situations and how handled them.

Interview Questions

• One question was something close to: Describe a time you were placed in charge at work. What was the situation and what steps did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was very easy. Color metrics test and a panel interview with three employees of varying positions. They asked situational questions. I feel like any one can pass this interview considering how simple it is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I can't disclose many details because it is against the law. However, they ask you the usually questions and some additional things. They made sure that they told the candidate not to disclose ANY information pertaining to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Transportation Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Portland, ME).

Interview

I was interviewed at several levels by a board and also the Senior Security Director. Review of my resume and credentials were also conducted. I was required to go through a thorough background check and a review of my credit history. My references were also checked and I believe my references were contacted by the agency

Interview Questions

• Recalling information that was several years old, what was your most memorable leadership challenge?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process takes more than one (1) day, involves a battery of medical and psychological tests, standard interview questions and a review of candidate criminal background and credit history. If additional information is needed from the candidate, his medical professional, etc., limited time will be given so that the requested information can be obtained.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview begins, a confidentiality agreement must be signed. They will not ask you your marital status or whether or not you have children.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

I applied in early November 2015 and was invited to take the Computer Based Test later that same month, which was not too difficult. (I googled search a prep. manual for it from TSA). After that I waited until I was invited for the Airport Assessment in January 2016, which is a face to face interview, color vision test and finger printing. The interview was a couple of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." It was fairly easy and the whole process took about 2 hours. After the assessment I was scheduled for my medical check ( physical, hearing test, vision test) and waited to hear back for a couple weeks. During my waiting time, I had to complete paperwork on the computer for the background check. My background and medical completed in February 2016 and I was placed in the ready pool at the end of February and finally was hired at the end of April 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....
      (What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome...)
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

May consist of 3 to 4 questions. It's one on one. Make sure you tell what, why, and the outcome to your answer. Elaborate a lot to fill the blanks.

Application

Interview

Long process. Hearing & vision test, medical exam. Interview was approximately an hour. It included a color vision test and an interview with 2 TSO's. The majority of the questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a dispute with a customer or co-worker?   Answer Question