TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It went well. I was confident after briefly studying the Administration and with my strong customer service background. The process took 1 year to complete. The interview involved a panel. I was asked several questions involving situations and how handled them.

Interview Questions

• One question was something close to: Describe a time you were placed in charge at work. What was the situation and what steps did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process takes more than one (1) day, involves a battery of medical and psychological tests, standard interview questions and a review of candidate criminal background and credit history. If additional information is needed from the candidate, his medical professional, etc., limited time will be given so that the requested information can be obtained.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview begins, a confidentiality agreement must be signed. They will not ask you your marital status or whether or not you have children.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

May consist of 3 to 4 questions. It's one on one. Make sure you tell what, why, and the outcome to your answer. Elaborate a lot to fill the blanks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

I applied in early November 2015 and was invited to take the Computer Based Test later that same month, which was not too difficult. (I googled search a prep. manual for it from TSA). After that I waited until I was invited for the Airport Assessment in January 2016, which is a face to face interview, color vision test and finger printing. The interview was a couple of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." It was fairly easy and the whole process took about 2 hours. After the assessment I was scheduled for my medical check ( physical, hearing test, vision test) and waited to hear back for a couple weeks. During my waiting time, I had to complete paperwork on the computer for the background check. My background and medical completed in February 2016 and I was placed in the ready pool at the end of February and finally was hired at the end of April 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....
      (What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome...)
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Long process. Hearing & vision test, medical exam. Interview was approximately an hour. It included a color vision test and an interview with 2 TSO's. The majority of the questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a dispute with a customer or co-worker?   Answer Question

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

For me, from the first form filled out and submitted to start of training, it was 4 months.

It's a very straight forward process. If you mess this up, you have no business working for TSA.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Washington, DC).

Interview

Take into consideration that my interview took place in Washington, DC in 2002. It was a very comfortable yet time consuming interviewing process. The interviewers were very professional and courteous. They were helpful with the process because most people have never worked for the Federal Government before and there are different rules and regulations to be introduced to.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used recreational drugs?   2 Answers