TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process takes more than one (1) day, involves a battery of medical and psychological tests, standard interview questions and a review of candidate criminal background and credit history. If additional information is needed from the candidate, his medical professional, etc., limited time will be given so that the requested information can be obtained.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview begins, a confidentiality agreement must be signed. They will not ask you your marital status or whether or not you have children.   1 Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Did the computer test, medical exam, and interview. Passed all with flying colors. Submitted the background check paperwork couple times and both times had 'errors'. The 'Help' Desk didnt help me at all in finding out what the errors were or how to correct them. Even though I had 3 weeks to submit everything I got chastised for not submitting everything within the first 4 days.

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The hiring process involves getting a color test, finger prints,background, dexterity, physical and much more then you wait forever to find out if you are in the hiring pool and then you go to another airport and take computer tests, xray tests and bag check tests.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job.   2 Answers

Negotiation

None!

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Long Island City, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

hiring process is very long and the interview is a disaster, how do they expect you to answer a question about a field that you don't have experience in.

Airport Screener Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in November 2011.

Interview

Recieved an Email to take the Computer Base Testing. Passed and accept contingent offer on the same day. Got interviewed a couple months later. It was a really long process. After the interview they take you to get your medicals done and they test your strength. You basically got the job if you pass everything including the FBI background screen for a National Security Position (Security Clearance). It take a while for the whole process to clear. Accepted a firm offer of employment once my fingerprints came back two weeks later after the interview and medical.

Interview Questions

• During your interview they make you promise that you won't tell anybody what they asked you. But like I said, be honest and candid and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Whatever they offer you is what you get so take it or leave it. Most screeners start out part-time. If you really want the job, be very motivated and have alot of patience. This is not your ordinary job. It is a long step by step process that not many people make far in. So if you really want the job, be honest and show that you have what it takes. After they give you a contingent offer, they will give you a form called the SF86, Dont lie about your past because they will find out one way or another risking your chance of employment with the company.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2013.

Interview

I was sat in front of a panel of people interviewing me. They all had different questions for me. Some about scenarios and some about general things to figure you out.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background.   1 Answer

Tso Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I can't disclose many details because it is against the law. However, they ask you the usually questions and some additional things. They made sure that they told the candidate not to disclose ANY information pertaining to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   2 Answers