TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

It was a long wait for the interview and when I finally got it the questions were ridiculous.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Charlotte, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

You will have to submit a very detailed resume through usajobs, can be very frustrating and time consuming, when you are contacted, usually weeks later if you make it through the resume, for a panel interview, the panel will generally be two or three individuals who are currently employed by DHS/TSA. These individuals could very well be your next lead, supervisor, or manager so they can decide right on the spot if they want YOU working for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were in a situation where two of your co-workers did not get along and could not work together? What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

STSO Interview

Interview

submit application for desired location, take image testing and finally f2f interview

Interview Questions

• no questions were unexpected or difficult...image test was most difficult   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

Negotiation

No negotiation

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tso Interview

Interview

there is a credit check, background check, physical check, interview pretty basic but can take up to two years before an offer is made. It is a very lengthy process especially if you are currently unemployed.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Interview

The hiring and review process, seems to be extensive. They have several locations in the area where an individual can tae the assessment to see if they qualify and yet, they make you drive all the way toThief River Falls Airport and actually go in to Northland Community College there. Why? There is one in GFK. I had to turn them down for the job, they told me after I put it in all my work and mileage that if hired I will be the low-person on the totem-pole and will have to take very odd shifts and that if I wanted to go on vacation the person with the most seniority would get it that's crazy. I decided to rethink my move!

The job seemed to have a lot of inconveniences such as: vacation (seniority), odd hours, etc.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Interview

Initially a CBT(computer based test) involves a vocabulary test multiple choice. As well as a x-ray screening test. The test is timed. Upon passing the CBT the interviewee is given an invitation to an interview. The interview requires you pass a visual color test before moving on to the interview. The interview is a STAR behavioral type interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team atmosphere and a team member did not pull their own weight. what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to use your judgement at work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you witnessed unethical behavior. how did you respond?   Answer Question

I received a better job offer.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

Simple scenario questions, what would you do in this case, in that case etc.. No previous experience needed, just common sense.

Interview Questions

• If celebrity X came to your ticket checking post and stated they don't have their ID, but clearly you know who they are. What would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone starts at the same rate.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Charlotte, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied to to TSA by the website and I received an email to come in for an interview. I would say that it was very easy to get a job within TSA as it is a job that anyone can do. I was interviewed one on one in an office. They ask simple questions alot of no brainers. I got a call about a week later asking if I wanted the position I accepted the position and got my uniform and everything. I had to undergo alot fo boring training watching videos to educate on what to look for in the airport etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone with a suspicious bag   2 Answers
    • How important do you feel is airport security?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation they will pay you what they want to pay you.