TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.7

STSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had been an Lead officer for a year, and I applied for STSO (supervisor)
    The interview consist of a panel of 3 managers asking you questions about possible workplace situations and how you would handle them.

Interview Questions

• what would you do with a unruly passenger?   1 Answer

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process with a bit long and nerve racking. You get interview by 2-3 officers (like now isn't scary enough, haha) they ask you about 3+ questions per officer. But before you actually get interviewed they have you take a vision test, which is kind of fun and calming. I had two female officers they were both nice women, but can definitely hold a poker face.

Interview Questions

• Can't list questions because they have you sign a disclosure. They ask mostly situational questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2013.

Interview

I was sat in front of a panel of people interviewing me. They all had different questions for me. Some about scenarios and some about general things to figure you out.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Few "What would you do" type questions. Typical questions you would expect from an interview, have heard that it is pretty hard to fail regardless. You speak with two TSO's and they give you about 5 hypothetical scenarios and ask you how you would respond in those situations. Then they ask you about experiences at your previous job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you saw a fellow employee doing something that they should have not
       been doing. How did you respond?"   Answer Question

Watch Floor Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a board of people at their headquarters location. Even though the position was advertised for multiple pay grades, I was immediately told when I arrived they were only considering the lowest grade. I was offered a job but turned it down because WG employees do not get the same rights as GS federal employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Doral, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was actually pretty easy to be honest. You signed some papers, do your color vision test, get interviewed by one or two officers and they'll tell you then and there if you if passed the assessment.

Interview Questions

• Something about being a team player and what did you do to be apart of the team? What skills did you contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Bangor, ME).

Interview

It was laid back. I felt welcome. It was definitely one of the less stressful and easy interviews I have been through. There were not too many questions and none were about the job specifically.

Interview Questions

• Had to do a color test. This is important for operating the xray.   1 Answer

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in September 2016.

Interview

For each question describe the situation, task, action and response. Describe how you dealt with a situation, how you made a decision, how you resolved an issue. There are no questions about yourself. They are questions simply to figure out how you are in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation that challenged your coping skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Dulles, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

There are 3 Supervisory TSO's. You just need to dress professional and wing it. This is stupid that glassdoor makes you have to write a 30 words min review. crap. crap. crap glassdoor