TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very easy. Color metrics test and a panel interview with three employees of varying positions. They asked situational questions. I feel like any one can pass this interview considering how simple it is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I can't disclose many details because it is against the law. However, they ask you the usually questions and some additional things. They made sure that they told the candidate not to disclose ANY information pertaining to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   2 Answers

Transportation Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Portland, ME).

Interview

I was interviewed at several levels by a board and also the Senior Security Director. Review of my resume and credentials were also conducted. I was required to go through a thorough background check and a review of my credit history. My references were also checked and I believe my references were contacted by the agency

Interview Questions

• Recalling information that was several years old, what was your most memorable leadership challenge?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process takes more than one (1) day, involves a battery of medical and psychological tests, standard interview questions and a review of candidate criminal background and credit history. If additional information is needed from the candidate, his medical professional, etc., limited time will be given so that the requested information can be obtained.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview begins, a confidentiality agreement must be signed. They will not ask you your marital status or whether or not you have children.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

May consist of 3 to 4 questions. It's one on one. Make sure you tell what, why, and the outcome to your answer. Elaborate a lot to fill the blanks.

Application

Interview

Long process. Hearing & vision test, medical exam. Interview was approximately an hour. It included a color vision test and an interview with 2 TSO's. The majority of the questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a dispute with a customer or co-worker?   Answer Question

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

For me, from the first form filled out and submitted to start of training, it was 4 months.

It's a very straight forward process. If you mess this up, you have no business working for TSA.

Negotiation

None

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying two weeks ago I interviewed with tsa. They rotated quite a few people through the interview/fingerprint process at the same as me. The interview was two on one, I was asked 7 questions with follow up answers like, how did you handle it and what was the outcome. I have my medical check next week, so I won't have possible offer until after that.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation you used your judgement and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

See What TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Employees Are Saying

great job

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “day goes by fast, always moving”“day goes by fast, always moving” – Full Review