TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

For me, from the first form filled out and submitted to start of training, it was 4 months.

It's a very straight forward process. If you mess this up, you have no business working for TSA.

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

I applied in early November 2015 and was invited to take the Computer Based Test later that same month, which was not too difficult. (I googled search a prep. manual for it from TSA). After that I waited until I was invited for the Airport Assessment in January 2016, which is a face to face interview, color vision test and finger printing. The interview was a couple of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." It was fairly easy and the whole process took about 2 hours. After the assessment I was scheduled for my medical check ( physical, hearing test, vision test) and waited to hear back for a couple weeks. During my waiting time, I had to complete paperwork on the computer for the background check. My background and medical completed in February 2016 and I was placed in the ready pool at the end of February and finally was hired at the end of April 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....
      (What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome...)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Washington, DC).

Interview

Take into consideration that my interview took place in Washington, DC in 2002. It was a very comfortable yet time consuming interviewing process. The interviewers were very professional and courteous. They were helpful with the process because most people have never worked for the Federal Government before and there are different rules and regulations to be introduced to.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used recreational drugs?   2 Answers

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic situational questions of things you have encountered and how did you handle it. It was fairly short and the interviewers were calm and easy to talk to. It was mostly a lot of paper work, background checks credit checks, medical exam and finger printing. The overall experience was pleasant but the process overall is very long

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision with little resource in a timely manner   Answer Question

Tso Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying two weeks ago I interviewed with tsa. They rotated quite a few people through the interview/fingerprint process at the same as me. The interview was two on one, I was asked 7 questions with follow up answers like, how did you handle it and what was the outcome. I have my medical check next week, so I won't have possible offer until after that.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation you used your judgement and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

First you take a computer-based test and if you pass that, then you have to have a credit check. Then you get invited to a airport assessment. If you pass that, then you have to do a medical and a background check.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Interview

Initially a CBT(computer based test) involves a vocabulary test multiple choice. As well as a x-ray screening test. The test is timed. Upon passing the CBT the interviewee is given an invitation to an interview. The interview requires you pass a visual color test before moving on to the interview. The interview is a STAR behavioral type interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team atmosphere and a team member did not pull their own weight. what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to use your judgement at work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you witnessed unethical behavior. how did you respond?   Answer Question

I received a better job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Airport Assessment was pretty lengthy. I was there for about 3-4 hours. It was comprised of the color vision test, interview, and fingerprinting. I completed the color vision test first and passed it. I had to wait in the waiting area for a while before I was called in for an interview. Once I was called, I was interviewed by 2 employees and they asked simple behavioral questions. I was told to exit the room so they can deliberate and determine if I passed or failed the interview. I passed and then, I had to wait for the guy to fingerprint me, which is used for my background investigation. Once I completed all of that, there was an exit assessment which included TSA offering the successful candidates conditional offers contingent upon successfully completing the background investigation and medical evaluation. The employee gave us drug kits, which was only to be used during our medical evaluation appointment at 1 of their facilities. I passed the background investigation and medical evaluation. I have been placed in the ready pool and I'm waiting for my final offer.

Interview Questions

• They were behavioral questions that related to the position.   Answer Question

Tso Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

This included a vision test, a simple interview.. Questions along the lines of, Describe a time when; situation, how you resolved it and the outcome. Some paperwork and fingerprints. Everyone was quite pleasant and it was actually a pretty okay experience. There was another guy interviewing at the same time as me so I had someone to speak to while we waited. Which there was a lot of waiting but overall it went by really fast

Interview Questions

See What TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Employees Are Saying

TSO

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Tso in Jamaica, NY

Pros: “You get paid some money to help with bills and there are decent federal benefits. Uniforms help so you don't have to buy clothes for work.”“You get paid some money to help with bills and there are decent federal benefits. Uniforms help so you don't have to buy clothes for work.” – Full Review