TSA (Transportation Security Administration) TSA OFFICER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) TSA OFFICER Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic situational questions of things you have encountered and how did you handle it. It was fairly short and the interviewers were calm and easy to talk to. It was mostly a lot of paper work, background checks credit checks, medical exam and finger printing. The overall experience was pleasant but the process overall is very long

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision with little resource in a timely manner   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Green Bay, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Many hours of computer tests, background paperwork, physical, travel, etc. So far, about 6 months in the process and not hired yet. The physical part will be the most tasking since they have been known to decline offers for extremely trivial reasons. One lady got dismissed because she saw a doctor for depression when she was 16....20 years prior.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typically 1-3 person panel. Questions are based off of behavioral competencies. After interview, fingerprints and background check paperwork will have to be filled out. Drug testing is also required. They will give you a certain amount of time to have the drug test done. Will also have to take a vision and physical agility assessment. Upon completion and passing, most are optional start dates for training. In other cases results placed in a hiring pool and will be pulled when training classes become available.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision that may or may not have negative results...

Name a time you had to meet the needs of a difficult customer

Name a time you had to a conflict with a coworker...

Situation, Actions, Outcome
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through usajobs and received an email to schedule an interview about a month later. The process consisted of going to their headquarters, listening to HR people tell you about the job and ask if you're still interested or have questions, sign a few more forms, take a color vision test, interview, get fingerprinted, and at the very end get told if you were hired or not and if so it was based on a successful background check.

There's a huge problem when applying for this job however: Even if you do pass a background check, which I did, that doesn't mean you will start working. You only work IF there's positions available, so I NEVER received a phone call for starting/training. Plus there's a 6 month time limit on your background check as well, meaning you will have to apply and interview over and over just for the chance to work this low paying job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that anybody with 6 months experience working in customer service/ dealing with people could answer. I thought it was pretty easy and fair, especially for those with only a high school education.   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

Negotiation

No negotiation

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Jf Kennedy Ap, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Went to an airport assessment at JFK , my appointment was for 10 am , I was there early like I was instructed on my email. It was 1115 am and noone had called me. The 2 TSA agents sitting in the front desk were as ghetto as ever with the long trashy nails and all. Everyone that walked in through the door they had something to say about them , I felt like I was back in high school. The bad vibes I had from the minute I walked in through the door were horrible. Then another tsa agent walked in he was about 400 lbs he was far from professional. I come from a prior law enforcement agency ,this TSA agency is the worse.

Interview Questions

• I walked out I did not proceed with a interview too Ghetto   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Long Island City, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

hiring process is very long and the interview is a disaster, how do they expect you to answer a question about a field that you don't have experience in.

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring process can be very lengthy. After your initial application and if selected you will be required to take an xray and vocabulary test. Expect it to take up to 6 months to actually get an offer of employment. Going by memory it was a two panel interview. There was also a color blind test.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is already set. So are benefits. Its a pay scale system like GS