TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.8

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Doral, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was actually pretty easy to be honest. You signed some papers, do your color vision test, get interviewed by one or two officers and they'll tell you then and there if you if passed the assessment.

Interview Questions

• Something about being a team player and what did you do to be apart of the team? What skills did you contribute?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It went well. I was confident after briefly studying the Administration and with my strong customer service background. The process took 1 year to complete. The interview involved a panel. I was asked several questions involving situations and how handled them.

Interview Questions

• One question was something close to: Describe a time you were placed in charge at work. What was the situation and what steps did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

First you take a computer-based test and if you pass that, then you have to have a credit check. Then you get invited to a airport assessment. If you pass that, then you have to do a medical and a background check.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Interview

Initially a CBT(computer based test) involves a vocabulary test multiple choice. As well as a x-ray screening test. The test is timed. Upon passing the CBT the interviewee is given an invitation to an interview. The interview requires you pass a visual color test before moving on to the interview. The interview is a STAR behavioral type interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team atmosphere and a team member did not pull their own weight. what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to use your judgement at work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you witnessed unethical behavior. how did you respond?   Answer Question

I received a better job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Airport Assessment was pretty lengthy. I was there for about 3-4 hours. It was comprised of the color vision test, interview, and fingerprinting. I completed the color vision test first and passed it. I had to wait in the waiting area for a while before I was called in for an interview. Once I was called, I was interviewed by 2 employees and they asked simple behavioral questions. I was told to exit the room so they can deliberate and determine if I passed or failed the interview. I passed and then, I had to wait for the guy to fingerprint me, which is used for my background investigation. Once I completed all of that, there was an exit assessment which included TSA offering the successful candidates conditional offers contingent upon successfully completing the background investigation and medical evaluation. The employee gave us drug kits, which was only to be used during our medical evaluation appointment at 1 of their facilities. I passed the background investigation and medical evaluation. I have been placed in the ready pool and I'm waiting for my final offer.

Interview Questions

• They were behavioral questions that related to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Florence, KY).

Interview

The interview process took about 8 hours. I was given a physical, eye color, and hearing test to make sure I could do the minimums of the job. I was then fingerprinted and had 2 interviews in the same day with 2 different sets of people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet multiple deadlines with confusing or missing information. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Standard interview questions. Ex: Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member; Tell me about a time you had a difficult client; etc. Went into a room with two people that interviewed me then proceeded to a secondary interview. From there they give you the paperwork for drug screening, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you overcame in your workplace.   Answer Question