TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of 5 people, that ranged from TSO's to Managers. The interview consisted of multiple questions with multiple parts to the question. Sometimes I had to have the question repeated to make sure I had covered all the parts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset with you: 1) The Situation, 2) What you did, 3) What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2013.

Interview

I was sat in front of a panel of people interviewing me. They all had different questions for me. Some about scenarios and some about general things to figure you out.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

First you take a computer-based test and if you pass that, then you have to have a credit check. Then you get invited to a airport assessment. If you pass that, then you have to do a medical and a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Florence, KY).

Interview

The interview process took about 8 hours. I was given a physical, eye color, and hearing test to make sure I could do the minimums of the job. I was then fingerprinted and had 2 interviews in the same day with 2 different sets of people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet multiple deadlines with confusing or missing information. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Aurora, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Don't bring anything with you other than your ID, passport, social security card (whatever forms necessary for identity). No pens, cell phones, or purses allowed. I recommend dressing nicely. They send an email stating what NOT to wear. Show up at least 15 minutes early. Use the restroom before entering the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a scheduled project due, and what steps you took to compete the tasks   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2012.

Interview

First, I took the first test a year after 911. Of four test applicants at March AFB, the first one left after 15 minutes, the second left about one hour later. The third left maybe 30 minutes after that. I was the only one who remained the full 2 1/2 hours. I have a BA and a tested IQ in German by MENSA at 126. Not bad. Well several weeks went and no answer. I asked at the PS airport. I was told to call an 800 number which I did. I gave the person in Alabama my SS and within 10 seconds, she said, I had flunked the test. What a joke! I learned later that the TSA, police, fire and Federal agencies do not hire people with high IQ's. Wow!
    About three years ago, I took another TSA test and within 24 hours, I was notified that I had passed. Sometime later, I was called into the PS airport. I was given several tests and then sat across two "peter principle" advocates for an interview. Because I believe in telling the truth and sometimes elaborating a point, the interview ended and five minutes later I was told I had flunked again.
    So although I have a BA, speak, read and write German fluently, am a published writer and I am computer literate, I can only find work as an unarmed guard for a private company. Wow!
    I remember the last time I also applied at TSA for the slot at the Tegal Airport in Berlin, but was probably turned down because they had a college grad who majored in German and had a German dictionary. I only lived and worked in West Germany for 27 years.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Tell me about a leadership experience you had and what you did?
      If one of your subordinates is doing something wrong, what would or should you?
      How would you deal with an irate customer?
      etec, etc, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Panel Interview of 3 individuals (in house)
    Answer SAR's
    Dress Business Casual
    Multiple levels of interview process (3)
    Average time to get an interview takes about 1 month some can take up to a year
    Can use examples from any facet of life but make sure to give two separate for each question (work related and school related etc.)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you witnessed a procedural disagreement between two co-workers discussing SSI in a public place. What was your solution, action, and response?   1 Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

Interview

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.