TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.8

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Interview

Initially a CBT(computer based test) involves a vocabulary test multiple choice. As well as a x-ray screening test. The test is timed. Upon passing the CBT the interviewee is given an invitation to an interview. The interview requires you pass a visual color test before moving on to the interview. The interview is a STAR behavioral type interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a team atmosphere and a team member did not pull their own weight. what did you do?   1 Answer
  • Name a time you had to use your judgement at work?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you witnessed unethical behavior. how did you respond?   Answer Question

I received a better job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Savannah, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received email about Computer Based Test (CBT). Scheduled for two plus hours, took less than an hour. Already had a clearance TS/SCI, so no issues with this. Received email a few days ago asking if I was still interested, I said yes, then we discussed money. This job was listed as part time and salary between 29.5k and 45k a year. This was NOT the case, the man said I would be making about 14k a year, LESS THAN HALF the amount listed. I explained that I was not interested in a job that paid that little. I also ask if I could remain in competition for other jobs. Was told yes, ANOTHER LIE, the next day I had a status of WITHDRAWN on my status and a BIG RED X. I sent an email at the HR Dept. only to get a response of they could not change the decision since I declined the job. I called HR, got the same BS run around. Not a very good experience with this company. I am a VET with 30 plus years experience and an advanced degree. I not so politely ask HR to remove me from their files and have a great day.

Interview Questions

• They were very simplistic, mainly about what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Salary was HALF the posted amount. Mislead about pay and other things.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

It was a 3 part interview process. First an color test in order to see if you're color blind or can't distinguish between colors.
    Second was the actual interview. The interview it self was an easy process, was asked couple of questions and that was it.
    The last part was to get your fingerprint.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Group Interview with six scenario questions about prior experiences that helped to mold you into the person you are today. You take a color blind test and they fingerprint you as well

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

I first applied by computer then they got a hold of me through mail with instructions to fly to los angeles for training for two weeks. When I got back I had an interview in the office of salt lake city airport. I then got placed in a schedule for me personally and with a trainer for a week.

Interview Questions

• If this would always be a primary job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would say that we do our jobs and had to be exact in every portion because the small mistakes have large consequences.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Airport Assessment was pretty lengthy. I was there for about 3-4 hours. It was comprised of the color vision test, interview, and fingerprinting. I completed the color vision test first and passed it. I had to wait in the waiting area for a while before I was called in for an interview. Once I was called, I was interviewed by 2 employees and they asked simple behavioral questions. I was told to exit the room so they can deliberate and determine if I passed or failed the interview. I passed and then, I had to wait for the guy to fingerprint me, which is used for my background investigation. Once I completed all of that, there was an exit assessment which included TSA offering the successful candidates conditional offers contingent upon successfully completing the background investigation and medical evaluation. The employee gave us drug kits, which was only to be used during our medical evaluation appointment at 1 of their facilities. I passed the background investigation and medical evaluation. I have been placed in the ready pool and I'm waiting for my final offer.

Interview Questions

• They were behavioral questions that related to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

There is a long time from when you are notified until you actually get to work. I remember doing a color test, x ray test, and basic math and english test.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever been involved in and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just an email

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

They read the questions off of a list and write down your answer. They did not elaborate on any of the questions, so it was very mechanical. Just answer with the best response possible and do not ramble. They have to write it down and submit what you say.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick TSA to work for?   1 Answer