TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Tso Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Tso Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Long Application.. 5months later got an interview, failed it and took it again 3 to 5months later... computer based.. math, english, and xray. xray part you will have to spot all the prohibited items in bags.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very easy. Color metrics test and a panel interview with three employees of varying positions. They asked situational questions. I feel like any one can pass this interview considering how simple it is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I can't disclose many details because it is against the law. However, they ask you the usually questions and some additional things. They made sure that they told the candidate not to disclose ANY information pertaining to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying two weeks ago I interviewed with tsa. They rotated quite a few people through the interview/fingerprint process at the same as me. The interview was two on one, I was asked 7 questions with follow up answers like, how did you handle it and what was the outcome. I have my medical check next week, so I won't have possible offer until after that.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation you used your judgement and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

This included a vision test, a simple interview.. Questions along the lines of, Describe a time when; situation, how you resolved it and the outcome. Some paperwork and fingerprints. Everyone was quite pleasant and it was actually a pretty okay experience. There was another guy interviewing at the same time as me so I had someone to speak to while we waited. Which there was a lot of waiting but overall it went by really fast

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in September 2016.

Interview

For each question describe the situation, task, action and response. Describe how you dealt with a situation, how you made a decision, how you resolved an issue. There are no questions about yourself. They are questions simply to figure out how you are in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation that challenged your coping skills?   Answer Question

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

USAjobs, phone call, in person panel interview, medical forms, wait 6 months, 2 exams at a proctored location, exam on site, it often takes longer than 6 months and then they only hire you part time and they may lose your personal information no they will lose it

Interview Questions

• Customer service questions, how you handle certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After you complete the initial screening and testing you are asked to do an airport assessment. This involves fingerprints, color vision test, and interview. The interview was pretty basic and simple. I don't think it is to hard to pass as I felt like I did not do my best but still passed it. After that I was scheduled for medical and told to complete my background forms. It's a very long process so be prepared to wait.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

The test was a mixture. it consists of analyzing short stories, organization of paragraphs, and it also tests your vocabulary. Then you have to find objects within the X-ray images. the vocabulary is very straight forward. However, the x ray was difficult. I see why they miss a lot of the contrabands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The actual interview was straight-forward and easy. The CBT is also easy and sort of fun to take. If you are color-blind you will fail the face-to-face interview; don't think you can circumvent the test. Each step you pass will result in a tentative offer. After passing everything, I did their medical exam. This is where I became frustrated with the process and withdrew my application.

After being cleared by the drug test and their medical doctor, I was put on Medical Hold. I honestly completed my forms, resulting in requests for additional medical screenings by specialists at my expense. For example, I had an illness five years ago. Even though I'm completely recovered, they wanted me to see an orthopedist to have the exact same exam I passed with TSA's doctor. It is cost-prohibitive for me to have the exams they are requiring. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been completely honest. TSA is requiring four separate medical exams my insurance won't cover. If I was guaranteed to receive a final job offer, I would complete the tests. Because there is no guarantee I would receive an offer, I'm not willing to spend the $400-$500.

Interview Questions

• A TSO must be willing and able to:
      Repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
      Continuously stand for anywhere between one and four hours.
      Walk up to two miles per shift.
      Answer Question