TSMC Interview Questions in Hsinchu | Glassdoor

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)).

Interview

The interview put focus on English oral capability test by request make 20 minutes presentations in English. Self-introduction and career plans .
    The interview also focus on Testing semiconductor process technology capability .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was good. It wasn't tense and serious. Mostly questions about your resume. So you have to know what you wrote on there very thoroughly. They also asked me what I want to know about the company. So research the company and prepare a couple of questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe the research/projects you have done. What equipment did you use and how did they work?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager ask me to introduce myself and ask some technical question after the introduction. In the end, he introduces the job and the team to me. It's like a relaxing talk.

Interview Questions

• ask questions from your resume. How does SRAM read and write? How to design low power SRAM? How to design the sense amplifier? Is there any challenge during the project?   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in February 2017.

Interview

Firstly, they will ask you to wait for other interviewees.
    Secondly, I enter a small room where are two interviewers in. (manager and HR)
    Thirdly, there is another senior HR to ask more personalities.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a MOSFET works.
      If you apply a large voltage on drain, what will happen?
      Where are the most vulnerable areas in this device while applying a big bias?
      What can you do to avoid breakdown?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in November 2016.

Interview

Give a presentation
    Introduce yourself first
    Show your research of master degree
    Express your professional knowledge
    Talk about the skill related to the work
    Ask what you need to improve before work if you get the job
    Show your passion and stay positive mind

The rest is more like chatting.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in July 2016.

Interview

Introducing my master thesis
    (How to design experience

Answering some general questions
    (What do you know about the position and industry?
    How about your working experience?
    What's your career plan?)

Doing English test

Laser Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was held over skype. Interview started on time and they were constantly in touch before and after. Asked a bunch of questions about everything on my resume starting from my electronics work to my lasers courses. Interviewers were friendly and didnt pressure me too much. But the questions were hard and pointed. It felt like a conversation with a really knowledgeable senior.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in January 2016.

Interview

first stage interview with HR. Just normal questions about your resume, conducted in Chinese.
    second round facing with management of finance (because I applied finance intern). Questions including some technical ones like WACC of TSMC, difference between share buyback and cash dividend, Why TSMC, are you familiar with semi-conductor industry and so on..

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)).

Interview

telephone + full day exec reviews, working through a reputed recruiter to make intro, and then taken over by the recruiting and hr teams - exec team was very engaged and straight forward with expectations

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in November 2015.

Interview

First, they ask you to complete an English test.
    Second, the manager of the department will interview with you. If they hire you, this manager is going to be your boss.
    Third, the human resource will ask you some questions about your characteristic.