TSMC Interview Questions in Taiwan | Glassdoor

TSMC Interview Questions in Taiwan

Updated May 11, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)).

Interview

The interview put focus on English oral capability test by request make 20 minutes presentations in English. Self-introduction and career plans .
    The interview also focus on Testing semiconductor process technology capability .

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in February 2017.

Interview

Firstly, they will ask you to wait for other interviewees.
    Secondly, I enter a small room where are two interviewers in. (manager and HR)
    Thirdly, there is another senior HR to ask more personalities.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a MOSFET works.
      If you apply a large voltage on drain, what will happen?
      Where are the most vulnerable areas in this device while applying a big bias?
      What can you do to avoid breakdown?
      Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tainan (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Tainan (Taiwan)).

Interview

Some tests before the interview such as English, personality traits. After the tests, one equipment section manager came and asked several questions. Than the HR guy came and asked several questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult issues you ever solved in your career life so far ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in July 2016.

Interview

Introducing my master thesis
    (How to design experience

Answering some general questions
    (What do you know about the position and industry?
    How about your working experience?
    What's your career plan?)

Doing English test

Laser Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was held over skype. Interview started on time and they were constantly in touch before and after. Asked a bunch of questions about everything on my resume starting from my electronics work to my lasers courses. Interviewers were friendly and didnt pressure me too much. But the questions were hard and pointed. It felt like a conversation with a really knowledgeable senior.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in January 2016.

Interview

first stage interview with HR. Just normal questions about your resume, conducted in Chinese.
    second round facing with management of finance (because I applied finance intern). Questions including some technical ones like WACC of TSMC, difference between share buyback and cash dividend, Why TSMC, are you familiar with semi-conductor industry and so on..

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)).

Interview

telephone + full day exec reviews, working through a reputed recruiter to make intro, and then taken over by the recruiting and hr teams - exec team was very engaged and straight forward with expectations

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Taipei (Taiwan)) in October 2015.

Interview

First step is video interview. Then two follow-up phone interviews. Then on-site interviews. The Onsite interview is one days. Starting out to talk to HR about the benefits. Then interview with several hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in September 2015.

Interview

Discussed the research topic in school and relevant experiences, the content we talk in whole interview is not too technical but the topics were very broad. The HR's questions were more strict and tough than manager's question.

Interview Questions

• You have an intern experience in the semiconductor equipment vendor, why not work there.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hour phone chatting with the group members of the team. HR scheduled 2 teams for me one day, so the total time is around 2 hrs. They called to my cell phone, but it turned out that candidates are able to request for a skype one, which would be more face to face style and heling candidates understand each other. Questions are more about to understand your background, research work, and why you would like to work in tsmc. The questions are not that difficult. The atmosphere is more about chatting style.