TSYS Merchant Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSYS Merchant Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at TSYS Merchant Solutions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Omaha, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

Took a couple of assessments and personality test. Phone interview was 2 hours after I sent in my resume. Then had a face to face interview with two hiring managers. It was a formal conversation. They had me go over my resume and my experience. They wanted me to ask most of the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Called in for interview after applying online. Pretty basic questions, but I just didn't have enough sales experience. Managers seem to generally care for their employees. Had a game room to help employees with stress relief

Interview Questions

• Simple questions such as how would you feel if a customer said no.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Lengthy, and overall boring. Asked the same questions in different ways over and over and over and over and over and over. The second interviewer had to stop the "Manager" because he was being a bit ridiculous with the same questions.

Interview Questions

• everything from life to knowledge of business and inside sales background,   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Omaha, NE) in May 2012.

Interview

The Interview process was very professional and accommodating. I worked with Todd Hopwood and he did a great job spelling out the interview process and was very helpful with questions I had. After receiving the job offer I was able to continue my dialog with Todd and the hiring manager to ensure I had all of my questions answered to be able to make the best decision for myself and my family on my future employment. They were very candid and honest with all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your career? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Omaha, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

Good. Be sure to ask what is expected of your deliverables. All managers are not created equal. Overall the experience went well. The interview was with the hiring manager, executive director, then the team. Each person will ask a series of questions and you'll be required to present your ideas and back ground work history and how it relates to the role being asked of you.

Interview Questions

• How will you achieve your goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher salary. They set it low and I needed to mention the pay of the job.

Regional Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Carbondale, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, and at least one in-person interview. Professional business attire and direct questions about my previous experiences and future goals. Expect some questions you have not prepared for and know the person you are talking to is passionate about their job and very proud of the company they work for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions in January 2018.

Interview

Conducted phone and personal interview; positive feedback; never heard another word; recruiter refuses to return emails or voicemail. Talent acquisition reflects corporate culture--for TSYS: unprofessional, lazy, waste of valuable time.

Business Analyst, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Omaha, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process went wonderful. The hiring process has a few hiccups. Communication on the hiring could have gone smoother and quicker. From interview to actual start date was 4 months. Rather long process but I did get the job.

Negotiation

Negotiation went well - I asked for another week of vacation and they were very cooperative in working with me.

Merchant Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions.

Interview

Initially contacted by senior management- great guy- he had found my resume on LinkedIn.
    Interview process was fine. The HR person with whom I initially had the most contact was lax in his communication and rude in the end because I questioned the extremely lengthy process. I had no traffic violations, near perfect credit and no record of any kind yet it was almost 5 weeks from the verbal offer to the actual hiring. Even my hiring manager was becoming irritated. When I spoke with colleagues at the initial training they had experienced the same laborious and frustrating process.

Interview Questions

• None- standard interview questions- but I had information and proof of my numbers and clear goals for my future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable- compensation is poor due to the very low commissions, no ability to make extra commission for many ancillary products, like leased equipment (blessing and a curse). Tough to make it here your first year with no back-up and overall not a good compensation plan compared to other processors.

Merchant Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS Merchant Solutions (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Four interviews from application to offer letter. Two with a Sales Manager, One with a VP and finally HR. Note: If you are going to counter off, be sure to let HR know this when thy give you the verbal offer. If you wait until you get the written offer, its too late then.

Interview Questions

• If i was to speak to your current manager, what would he say are 2 things you need to work on?   Answer Question