TUI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.2

International Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hanover, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was average. The interviewer was young, with just couple of months worked in the company. The atmosphere of the discussion was easy. It's enough to prepare some examples of situations when you performed as a leader and some other questions related to the brands. The SWOT analysis doesn't have to be fancy. I sent it in pdf and I focused more on the content. Be naturally positive and enjoy.

Interview Questions

• An example of a project you were involved in and the innovative ideas you brought to it.
      Which specific sector you would like to work and why?
      A situation when you had to lead.
      Answer Question

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Branch, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (North Branch, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line before Christmas , answered all the questions easily having worked in customer service for years, I then got a telephone call giving me a telephone interview, she said I had passed with flying colours and a manager would be in touch with me very shortly to arrange a interview.
    The next day a manager rang and asked to see me as soon as possible and one was arranged for the following week, on arrival I was asked to take a maths test which if I didn't pass the interview wasn't able to go ahead, I passed with flying colours apparently..I then went on to have a face to face interview which took around a hour. In my company I had to give a fairly long notice period which I had made them aware of at every opportunity. I was told there had been a huge response to the advert and I would hear within 3 weeks.......4 weeks went by ...5 weeks went by ....6 weeks went by, I then emailed them to ask for feedback as to why I hadn't been successful. I find this very Rude in a company that after I had given them so much of my time that they couldn't have the decency to just say on this occasion you haven't been successful but this is why and thank you for your time. They portray a customer service company and how you need to give excellent customer service, I think I must be streets ahead of them at present as until I am officially employed by them I am a potential customer of their's, if this was the level of respect shown to a potential employee then it must be quite a shocking company to work for ..minimum wage ...over average hours ( some unsociable) yet something I thought I would enjoy !! ...after sending the email within 48 hours I had received a email from the manager, stating unfortunately no vacancies were any longer available ...Mmmm to little too late ...

Interview Questions

Interview

CV and personal letter
    Personal SWOT analysis
    Online tests
    Phone interview
    Assessment center

Extensive process and a 2 day assessment center at the end where you have to do various group and individual exercises as well as interview.

Interview Questions

• When were you in an ambiguous situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

The morning consisted of paper work to start and then a reach check. We were then taken into a room for the presentation.
    After this we were split into groups and taken into different rooms for our PA's and maths test. Nothing to worry about, as long as you can read, add and subtract and also know how to convert currencies you will be fine.
    Next stage is the group discussion and then they mark you on how you are in the group.
    Then they split you up again and you find out if the group you're in is going home or staying for the afternoon.
    If you go through to the afternoon you then have a lunch break and are then told to do the afternoon role plays, I had 2 of these.
    Finally you go into a room and are called for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you have delivered excellent customer services.   Answer Question

Kids Club/Baby Club Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

Apply online answered in a day gave me interview dates to pick from. Got there in the morning they talk a lot about the company then they do an ice breaker then you do you're story sack whilst I did mine the two people interviewing sat at the back and where talking and joking and laughing about other things really put me off and the others who where next as they continued to do the same thing.
    Afternoon they talk about the company some more for about an hour then a day in the life them more role play one was the interviewer was a customer who wasn't happy and they started shouting at you to see what you did I don't feel this was fair as no one was told or knew the company policies for complaints.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker was how are you Trustworthy, Unique and Inspirational? (you had 2 minutes to think of an answer   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The two girls that interviewed me were very friendly, they made me feel at ease during the process. it was a relaxed interview with a few questions and the rest was general discussion of the company and role.

Interview Questions

• I was extremely disappointed with the lack of feedback I have had as to why I wasn't successful. I was told I would hear by the Tuesday next week at the latest, didn't hear anything. I then contacted the girl who interviewed me and she had told me I was unsuccessful, I understand if I wasn't a fit for the role. However, I have now contacted her three times for feedback. She emailed me back once telling me she would give me feedback later that day. Still no feedback! I'm really trying to develop in my career and I really need interview feedback for my progression, it's made me really disappointed in the whole process, and doesn't give me any confidence for future interviews!   Answer Question

International Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hannover (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Process consists of online tests, a video recording of yourself which you can prepare beforehand, a telephone interview and an assessment centre.

During the telephone interview, the interviewer had watched your video recording and had prepared questions based on what you had said. She asked me what I found difficult about living abroad and if I had experienced any culture shock. She also asked about a time I had shown creativity and leadership skills.

The Assessment centre was in Hannover. It lasted 2 days. It consisted of an introduction and ice-breaker exercise. A group exercise where you had to think of a new product to be introduced by TUI and devise a presentation on it (why it was relevant to TUI, estimated cost and revenue, how you would market the product).
    The next exercise was a role play where you were playing a manager and you had to talk to an employee that wasn't performing well. You had 20 mins to read through some contextual information and then it began.
    The following day consisted of a speed networking round, where you had 5 minutes to talk to each assessor. Each assessor had a different set of questions. This was tricky as some were competency based and others were business related/current affairs.
    Then there was an individual presentation. I was given 45 mins to read through a 4 page document on a new initiative you have to introduce. I then had to create a 5 year plan, including financials and logical reasoning on my conclusions. The presentation was 10 mins with a period of 15 mins for questions.
    The final exercise was a group exercise where we were split into groups of 3 and had to decide on the most profitable hotel out of 2 hotels. We were then joined by 2 other groups and we had to collectively decide which of all of our chosen hotels would be the most profitable. This should have been a straightforward exercise, but too many people took the exercise to be a sales type exercise and were being very pushy with their hotel. We ended up wasting time with too many people trying to sell their hotel as the best one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a complex situation and had to ask someone for advice.
      What was the most important decision you ever made and how did you come to that decision?
      What are the current market trends?
      Tell me about a time where you made a decision but were persuaded otherwise.
      Tell me about how you would act in a crisis (referring to the terror attacks in Tunisia).
      Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Great candidate experience from first and second interviews. First interview was informal and second stage was meeting key stakeholders and a presentation. I was made to feel very comfortable and throughly enjoyed it. I was informed by the search company representing Tui that the feedback was excellent and that they would be preparing an offer and that they need a few weeks to prepare and manage internal process. I waited patiently.

After 3 weeks I chased the search company representing Me for the role only to be told that Tui had in fact seen other candidates during the 3 weeks and now wanted to offer someone else.

Whilst I understand these things happen, a more honest response after the second stage could have been that they wanted to be sure they hire the right person and therefore they want to see a Few more people, as opposed to leaving me with the impression that I was their candidate of choice and that they were preparing an offer. During those 3 weeks of waiting I turned down role opportunities and had also mentally prepared to join the company.

So whilst the main stages were very positive, I was highly disappointed with the candidate experience at the end - which I feel says a lot about the company I may have been working for.

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

The process took 3+ months, with analytical and reasoning tests, phone interview and assessment center. The phone interview was quite general. The assessment center took place in Luton and lasted 2 days. It was very intense and challenging. We had 6 exercices, both individuals and in groups. No standard interview took place during the assessment center.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online via their website. I was then given a phone call asking if I could do a telephone interview. Around 2 weeks?? After I was invited to an interview, and had to make a presentation on "multi-channel retailing" ready for the day.
    At the interview, I had to do a maths test and I had to present my presentation to the manager and an employee. Then I had to answer a number of questions.
    It was a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TUI?   Answer Question
    • How have you inspired others, and helped fellow employees?   Answer Question
    • How have you overcome a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? *you answer* "Sell me a holiday to that destination".   Answer Question