TUI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hanover, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was average. The interviewer was young, with just couple of months worked in the company. The atmosphere of the discussion was easy. It's enough to prepare some examples of situations when you performed as a leader and some other questions related to the brands. The SWOT analysis doesn't have to be fancy. I sent it in pdf and I focused more on the content. Be naturally positive and enjoy.

Interview Questions

• An example of a project you were involved in and the innovative ideas you brought to it.
      Which specific sector you would like to work and why?
      A situation when you had to lead.   Answer Question

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Branch, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (North Branch, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line before Christmas , answered all the questions easily having worked in customer service for years, I then got a telephone call giving me a telephone interview, she said I had passed with flying colours and a manager would be in touch with me very shortly to arrange a interview.
    The next day a manager rang and asked to see me as soon as possible and one was arranged for the following week, on arrival I was asked to take a maths test which if I didn't pass the interview wasn't able to go ahead, I passed with flying colours apparently..I then went on to have a face to face interview which took around a hour. In my company I had to give a fairly long notice period which I had made them aware of at every opportunity. I was told there had been a huge response to the advert and I would hear within 3 weeks.......4 weeks went by ...5 weeks went by ....6 weeks went by, I then emailed them to ask for feedback as to why I hadn't been successful. I find this very Rude in a company that after I had given them so much of my time that they couldn't have the decency to just say on this occasion you haven't been successful but this is why and thank you for your time. They portray a customer service company and how you need to give excellent customer service, I think I must be streets ahead of them at present as until I am officially employed by them I am a potential customer of their's, if this was the level of respect shown to a potential employee then it must be quite a shocking company to work for ..minimum wage ...over average hours ( some unsociable) yet something I thought I would enjoy !! ...after sending the email within 48 hours I had received a email from the manager, stating unfortunately no vacancies were any longer available ...Mmmm to little too late ...

Interview Questions

Interview

CV and personal letter
    Personal SWOT analysis
    Online tests
    Phone interview
    Assessment center

Extensive process and a 2 day assessment center at the end where you have to do various group and individual exercises as well as interview.

Interview Questions

• When were you in an ambiguous situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, very easy and quick application.
    Took the numerical and verbal reasoning tests, reasonably straight forward. Now awaiting video interview. Very quick process, they let you know your results straight after for the tests

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

After a couple of weeks of applying I was emailed requesting a telephone interview for the following day.

After a couple of days I was then asked to attend a face to face to interview in Luton. For this I had to prepare a presentation to showcase the results of the two tasks that were set.

I was told I'd hear back after a certain period. In this time I saw the job readvertised on Linkedin.

I still had to wait a while after seeing this to be told I wasn't fit for the job.

This aside everyone I spoke with were polite and would reconsider applying again for another role if it interested me.

PR Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a 5 minute phone call to discuss my CV being shortlisted and discuss whether or not I still wanted the job. A few hours later I was called back for a face-to-face interview in Luton. The interview went really well and I didn't receive any negative feedback. Apparently the only reason I didn't get the job was because another candidate had more experience than me, which is disappointing as it's an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• If you were handed work to complete for your manager and work that needed to be sent to journalists, which would you complete first?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with TUI?   Answer Question
    • What are your 3 top strengths and 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

TUI Group Response

Mar 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, its good to hear your experience overall was positive. We would welcome a future application from you so please follow us in LinkedIn and you can set... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TUI Group in March 2017.

Interview

Four Steps:
    1. Resume,
    2. Online Test, Numerical and reasoning
    3, One hour Call, experience-based, skills review (rejected here)
    4. Assessment Day in Luton

Negative experience:
    Good HR don't waste your time even when they don't hire you, this is definetly not the case.
    No personal feedback, just automatic email

Interview Questions

• Regular experience-based questions, plus some tricky ones about corporate culture   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

The morning consisted of paper work to start and then a reach check. We were then taken into a room for the presentation.
    After this we were split into groups and taken into different rooms for our PA's and maths test. Nothing to worry about, as long as you can read, add and subtract and also know how to convert currencies you will be fine.
    Next stage is the group discussion and then they mark you on how you are in the group.
    Then they split you up again and you find out if the group you're in is going home or staying for the afternoon.
    If you go through to the afternoon you then have a lunch break and are then told to do the afternoon role plays, I had 2 of these.
    Finally you go into a room and are called for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you have delivered excellent customer services.   Answer Question

Kids Club/Baby Club Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

Apply online answered in a day gave me interview dates to pick from. Got there in the morning they talk a lot about the company then they do an ice breaker then you do you're story sack whilst I did mine the two people interviewing sat at the back and where talking and joking and laughing about other things really put me off and the others who where next as they continued to do the same thing.
    Afternoon they talk about the company some more for about an hour then a day in the life them more role play one was the interviewer was a customer who wasn't happy and they started shouting at you to see what you did I don't feel this was fair as no one was told or knew the company policies for complaints.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker was how are you Trustworthy, Unique and Inspirational? (you had 2 minutes to think of an answer   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process is in 3 parts.

• Face to face alternative to the traditional phone screen.
    • Test code which you write remotely
    • A final on site interview which has both a technical and HR part

The first face to face interview was very strange with the hiring manager giving a lot of technical explanations to his own questions regardless of if i knew the answer or not. There was no attempt to sell me on the role or explain how the team worked. Once we had gone over time I was quickly ushered out of the door without time to ask any questions.

I quite enjoyed the programming test, which was an IOS demo app and therefore more relevant than some of the online algorithm tests.

I dropped out of the process due to getting another position before the last stage.

Interview Questions

• Q: Whats different about NSString and Swift String
      Q: What is the difference between an Objective-C protocol and a Swift protocol   Answer Question