TUI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hanover, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was average. The interviewer was young, with just couple of months worked in the company. The atmosphere of the discussion was easy. It's enough to prepare some examples of situations when you performed as a leader and some other questions related to the brands. The SWOT analysis doesn't have to be fancy. I sent it in pdf and I focused more on the content. Be naturally positive and enjoy.

Interview Questions

• An example of a project you were involved in and the innovative ideas you brought to it.
      Which specific sector you would like to work and why?
      A situation when you had to lead.   Answer Question

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Branch, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (North Branch, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line before Christmas , answered all the questions easily having worked in customer service for years, I then got a telephone call giving me a telephone interview, she said I had passed with flying colours and a manager would be in touch with me very shortly to arrange a interview.
    The next day a manager rang and asked to see me as soon as possible and one was arranged for the following week, on arrival I was asked to take a maths test which if I didn't pass the interview wasn't able to go ahead, I passed with flying colours apparently..I then went on to have a face to face interview which took around a hour. In my company I had to give a fairly long notice period which I had made them aware of at every opportunity. I was told there had been a huge response to the advert and I would hear within 3 weeks.......4 weeks went by ...5 weeks went by ....6 weeks went by, I then emailed them to ask for feedback as to why I hadn't been successful. I find this very Rude in a company that after I had given them so much of my time that they couldn't have the decency to just say on this occasion you haven't been successful but this is why and thank you for your time. They portray a customer service company and how you need to give excellent customer service, I think I must be streets ahead of them at present as until I am officially employed by them I am a potential customer of their's, if this was the level of respect shown to a potential employee then it must be quite a shocking company to work for ..minimum wage ...over average hours ( some unsociable) yet something I thought I would enjoy !! ...after sending the email within 48 hours I had received a email from the manager, stating unfortunately no vacancies were any longer available ...Mmmm to little too late ...

Interview Questions

Interview

CV and personal letter
    Personal SWOT analysis
    Online tests
    Phone interview
    Assessment center

Extensive process and a 2 day assessment center at the end where you have to do various group and individual exercises as well as interview.

Interview Questions

• When were you in an ambiguous situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hannover (Germany)).

Interview

The interviewing process consists of various stages:

1. Online application
    -At this stage you just answer some general questions and attach your resume and motivational letter

2. Numerical test
    -Get yourself somewhat familiarized with the type of questions you can expect
    -Be sure to be in an environment in which you can concentrate for the full time of the test

3. Video introduction
    -Familiarize yourself with TUI, the company's strategy, and trends in the tourism industry
    -Anticipate general interview questions
    -You are talking to your webcam so be sure to keep eye contact (not just reading from a prepared word document)

4. Telephone interview
    -Prepare some examples of the skills they look for (trusted, unique, inspiring)

5. Assessment centre days
    -If you reach the assessment centre days you spend two days in either Germany or England
    -The assessment centre consists of individual and group exercises where you will be assessed by assessors from within TUI (not just HR people)
    -Two days is plenty of time to let your colors shine through, don't be a try-hard -just be yourself
    -Even if you do not get an offer you will get extensive feedback on your performance

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation in which you demonstrated one of the core values of TUI (trusted, unique, inspiring)?   1 Answer

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Grimsby, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Long application online, email to ask if I still wanted the job then asked to pick an interview time on a given date. Waited in the shop and was interviewed by the shop managers. Started with general chit chat then went on to questions, scenarios etc. Also included the ladies telling me what the job entails, salary, time off, benefits etc etc

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TUI Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got called to an assessment day after passing the video interview. Day started at 9:30am with a PA individual exercise, a maths exam and a group exercise. While the recruiters where nice it's a pity they favoured the loud mouths over the people who actually spoke sense. It seems the rule is the more you talk the better your chances of getting through to the afternoon even if your talking complete garbage. Couple of people I was with were just obnoxious and very controlling. Not open to listening to the ideas of others. Unfortunately the recruiters fell hook line and sinker for this.

Tui High Season Representative 2018 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, passed the video interview, assessment day in Bristol, had to present a 2 minute presentation on an excursion. Had to say on the spot what made me inspiring, thought i did really well. Then had a group activity, and had to argue our point because we all had different answers. Went on lunch then only 4 out of 14 of us got through to the afternoon. I got sent home and was very confused why!

Overseas Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Full day 9-5
    Individual sales pitch in front of everyone and then group task.
    Then after lunch find out whether you made it through to 1 2 1 interview.
    After lunch some role play and then interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group in October 2017.

Interview

Pre-recorded video interview stage - standard set up. Question shown for 60 seconds and given 60 seconds to answer. There was a practice question to get to grips with the software. No feedback was provided after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What has happened recently in the news that will have an impact on TUI?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (York, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Mine was a 1:1 interview. Interviewed in September 2017. Difficult interview but friendly staff, first had to sit a maths test which was extremely easy and I suck at maths (would recommend quickly going over how to work out percentages but you are given a calculator). After maths test you’re asked questions about your previous experience and why you want to work for Thomsons/Tui. Then you move onto scenario questions just include a lot of details. Then lastly I was asked to do my presentation, the people who interviewed me were extremely friendly. I didn’t get the job as I don’t have enough sales experience and meeting targets. They are very strict about targets as if one person doesn’t meet their targets then no one gets their commission for the month. The salary is very basic with not a lot of hours going, something I wish I knew before applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What can you bring to TUI   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a holiday? What tools would you use   1 Answer