TUI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TUI Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.1

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (York, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Mine was a 1:1 interview. Interviewed in September 2017. Difficult interview but friendly staff, first had to sit a maths test which was extremely easy and I suck at maths (would recommend quickly going over how to work out percentages but you are given a calculator). After maths test you’re asked questions about your previous experience and why you want to work for Thomsons/Tui. Then you move onto scenario questions just include a lot of details. Then lastly I was asked to do my presentation, the people who interviewed me were extremely friendly. I didn’t get the job as I don’t have enough sales experience and meeting targets. They are very strict about targets as if one person doesn’t meet their targets then no one gets their commission for the month. The salary is very basic with not a lot of hours going, something I wish I knew before applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What can you bring to TUI   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a holiday? What tools would you use   1 Answer

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TUI Group (Cairo (Egypt)) in November 2011.

Interview

An interview by hr department for interpersonal skill presentation
    2nd by a senior tour guide about history art egyptology
     Last interviewer regional manager of middle east. And sign offer letter

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TUI Group (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasant interview with a interview with HR and head of procurement and second stage interview was with senior director in the organisation. Had to go through online matrigma tests to ensure capability

Tui High Season Representative 2018 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, passed the video interview, assessment day in Bristol, had to present a 2 minute presentation on an excursion. Had to say on the spot what made me inspiring, thought i did really well. Then had a group activity, and had to argue our point because we all had different answers. Went on lunch then only 4 out of 14 of us got through to the afternoon. I got sent home and was very confused why!

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TUI Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got called to an assessment day after passing the video interview. Day started at 9:30am with a PA individual exercise, a maths exam and a group exercise. While the recruiters where nice it's a pity they favoured the loud mouths over the people who actually spoke sense. It seems the rule is the more you talk the better your chances of getting through to the afternoon even if your talking complete garbage. Couple of people I was with were just obnoxious and very controlling. Not open to listening to the ideas of others. Unfortunately the recruiters fell hook line and sinker for this.

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Grimsby, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Long application online, email to ask if I still wanted the job then asked to pick an interview time on a given date. Waited in the shop and was interviewed by the shop managers. Started with general chit chat then went on to questions, scenarios etc. Also included the ladies telling me what the job entails, salary, time off, benefits etc etc

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group (Telford, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Three interview process. Step 1 was a telephone interview. Step 2 was a group interview then they send some me people home and then conducted one to ones the same day. Step 3 invited back for another one to one interview with the branch manager.

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TUI Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online after going into store. Received a quick call to arrange telephone interview a few days later. Once i passed that stage I had a face to face interview with the manager and assistant manager and had to do a 10 minute presentation. Only had 3 days to prepare this however I did get a job offer a couple of days after

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

After a couple of weeks of applying I was emailed requesting a telephone interview for the following day.

After a couple of days I was then asked to attend a face to face to interview in Luton. For this I had to prepare a presentation to showcase the results of the two tasks that were set.

I was told I'd hear back after a certain period. In this time I saw the job readvertised on Linkedin.

I still had to wait a while after seeing this to be told I wasn't fit for the job.

This aside everyone I spoke with were polite and would reconsider applying again for another role if it interested me.

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview (including making a presentation to "sell" a holiday.) This was then followed by a taster day. Met with the assistant manager and general manager. Both very friendly but a difficult interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do we know you will still want to do this job in 12 months time?   Answer Question