TUI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TUI Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

So far, there has been a online application form, verbal and numerical reasoning tests and a video interview. Currently waiting for the assessment centre stage. The online application form involved questions and general information about yourself, followed by the verbal and numerical reasoning tests (I think you can take them at different times). This is all followed by the video interview- 4 questions each with 60 seconds to think of an answer and 90 seconds to reply. You can't see these questions beforehand and you cannot re-record, which is different to what the website suggests.

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TUI Group.

Interview

The morning consisted of paper work to start and then a reach check. We were then taken into a room for the presentation.
    After this we were split into groups and taken into different rooms for our PA's and maths test. Nothing to worry about, as long as you can read, add and subtract and also know how to convert currencies you will be fine.
    Next stage is the group discussion and then they mark you on how you are in the group.
    Then they split you up again and you find out if the group you're in is going home or staying for the afternoon.
    If you go through to the afternoon you then have a lunch break and are then told to do the afternoon role plays, I had 2 of these.
    Finally you go into a room and are called for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you have delivered excellent customer services.   Answer Question

Kids Club/Baby Club Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

Apply online answered in a day gave me interview dates to pick from. Got there in the morning they talk a lot about the company then they do an ice breaker then you do you're story sack whilst I did mine the two people interviewing sat at the back and where talking and joking and laughing about other things really put me off and the others who where next as they continued to do the same thing.
    Afternoon they talk about the company some more for about an hour then a day in the life them more role play one was the interviewer was a customer who wasn't happy and they started shouting at you to see what you did I don't feel this was fair as no one was told or knew the company policies for complaints.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker was how are you Trustworthy, Unique and Inspirational? (you had 2 minutes to think of an answer   1 Answer

Reiseleitung Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hannover (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hannover (Germany)) in February 2012.

Interview

Es wurden Rollenspiele durchgeführt und die Sprachkenntnisse erfragt indem die jeweiligen Sprachen gesprochen wurden es war eine Gruppenvorstellung aber nachher wurden alle Teilnehmer einzeln ins Gespräch genommen es ging über den ganzen Tag verteilt aber es war nicht schwer wenn man die Sprachen die man angegeben hatte einigermassen sprechen konnte

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TUI Group (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The two girls that interviewed me were very friendly, they made me feel at ease during the process. it was a relaxed interview with a few questions and the rest was general discussion of the company and role.

Interview Questions

• I was extremely disappointed with the lack of feedback I have had as to why I wasn't successful. I was told I would hear by the Tuesday next week at the latest, didn't hear anything. I then contacted the girl who interviewed me and she had told me I was unsuccessful, I understand if I wasn't a fit for the role. However, I have now contacted her three times for feedback. She emailed me back once telling me she would give me feedback later that day. Still no feedback! I'm really trying to develop in my career and I really need interview feedback for my progression, it's made me really disappointed in the whole process, and doesn't give me any confidence for future interviews!   Answer Question

Customer Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a one and a half hour interview that included a presentation and a technical SQL / SAS test at the end. Other than that it was just a simple question / answer session.

Interview Questions

• I had to speak about Customer Value and also discuss predictive analysis as they were about to undertake a 'Next Best Action' project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really dull as I had been self employed prior to this role and they initially wanted to vet all my previous customers - I think that they were nervous that I had worked for one of their rivals. Funny how this is an advantage for Senior Managers / Directors.....

International Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TUI Group (Hannover (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Process consists of online tests, a video recording of yourself which you can prepare beforehand, a telephone interview and an assessment centre.

During the telephone interview, the interviewer had watched your video recording and had prepared questions based on what you had said. She asked me what I found difficult about living abroad and if I had experienced any culture shock. She also asked about a time I had shown creativity and leadership skills.

The Assessment centre was in Hannover. It lasted 2 days. It consisted of an introduction and ice-breaker exercise. A group exercise where you had to think of a new product to be introduced by TUI and devise a presentation on it (why it was relevant to TUI, estimated cost and revenue, how you would market the product).
    The next exercise was a role play where you were playing a manager and you had to talk to an employee that wasn't performing well. You had 20 mins to read through some contextual information and then it began.
    The following day consisted of a speed networking round, where you had 5 minutes to talk to each assessor. Each assessor had a different set of questions. This was tricky as some were competency based and others were business related/current affairs.
    Then there was an individual presentation. I was given 45 mins to read through a 4 page document on a new initiative you have to introduce. I then had to create a 5 year plan, including financials and logical reasoning on my conclusions. The presentation was 10 mins with a period of 15 mins for questions.
    The final exercise was a group exercise where we were split into groups of 3 and had to decide on the most profitable hotel out of 2 hotels. We were then joined by 2 other groups and we had to collectively decide which of all of our chosen hotels would be the most profitable. This should have been a straightforward exercise, but too many people took the exercise to be a sales type exercise and were being very pushy with their hotel. We ended up wasting time with too many people trying to sell their hotel as the best one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a complex situation and had to ask someone for advice.
      What was the most important decision you ever made and how did you come to that decision?
      What are the current market trends?
      Tell me about a time where you made a decision but were persuaded otherwise.
      Tell me about how you would act in a crisis (referring to the terror attacks in Tunisia).
      Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Great candidate experience from first and second interviews. First interview was informal and second stage was meeting key stakeholders and a presentation. I was made to feel very comfortable and throughly enjoyed it. I was informed by the search company representing Tui that the feedback was excellent and that they would be preparing an offer and that they need a few weeks to prepare and manage internal process. I waited patiently.

After 3 weeks I chased the search company representing Me for the role only to be told that Tui had in fact seen other candidates during the 3 weeks and now wanted to offer someone else.

Whilst I understand these things happen, a more honest response after the second stage could have been that they wanted to be sure they hire the right person and therefore they want to see a Few more people, as opposed to leaving me with the impression that I was their candidate of choice and that they were preparing an offer. During those 3 weeks of waiting I turned down role opportunities and had also mentally prepared to join the company.

So whilst the main stages were very positive, I was highly disappointed with the candidate experience at the end - which I feel says a lot about the company I may have been working for.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TUI Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview I had was a competency based interview. It was the first round following the online tests. I was asked around eight to ten questions and it took about 40 minutes. The questions were very standard and nothing out-of-the-blue was asked. The interviewer was not particularly exciting, and she said she wasn't able to answer any questions about the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you overcame a challenging experience in the workplace.   Answer Question

Hotel Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TUI Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly relaxed, group and individual interview. Involved briefly thinking of an idea and then making a short presentation. The interview lasted around half a day but was handled efficiently and well. Overall the day was split into two stages, with the group interview occurring in the morning and then a second stage with a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you have used teamwork effectively?   Answer Question