TVA Control Room Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TVA Control Room Operator Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The best way to find out about position openins is to know someone that works there, networking. The hiring process includes, in this order; resume submission and filtering, EEI test, interview (three person panel with standard questions) and finally physical. If you have a strong mechanical/electrical background, it will benefit you greatly.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions, but my interveiw was several years ago. The questions are the standard "give us an example" type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for a Trades and Labor position.

Other Interview Reviews for TVA

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially called by a "recruiter' through networking. The recruiter reviewed my resume and asked me some general questions about my experience. He also let me know what to expect during the interview process. Prior to the actual on-site interview, we took a battery of tests, mostly technical questions. Then we were flown to the site and took more tests, written and on a computer screen. One of the interviews involved a operating a landing module on computer simulator. The interviews concluded with a panel interview of three managers. The on-site process took two days.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell us about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how you handled it.

Q2: Tell us about your best accomplishment.

Q3: Tell us about a situation you handled poorly and what you learned from it.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Kingston, TN) in May 2009.

Interview

Lenghty process that will drive you crazy waiting to hear from some one. Interview process was straightforward and very formulaic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bragaining Union Position