TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.1

MT/BSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Carlisle, PA).

Interview

Very easy! I Arrived and the office coordinator sat me down. The interviewer had a check list of very basic questions that anyone who studied psychology or counceling or related should be able to answer. Also she had me fill out some papers that asked me about salary expectations and such. Some questions about my resume that since it was my resume I was able to answer. Was very easy and I left very confident.

Interview Questions

• mainly questions about ethics and privacy. For instance if a client asked to meet you at a coffee shop to socialize what would you do? why would that be inappropriate...etc
      Also questions about my strength's and weaknesses and my ability to be organized and complete paperwork (there is a lot of paperwork on this job) and finally a question about my long-term goals. the whole process took 30 minutes.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (York, PA).

Interview

It was a one on one interview. Generic questions about children and being a TSS. A few easy scenario questions. Had you write about your ideal weekend - so they can see your writing skills. Relaxed interview. Dressed business casual. Went over Resume. They said everyone starts at part time for the first 90 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your client is hitting another child?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with Children with Disabilities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Exton, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on ZipRecruiter and heard back within a week. This was certainly not the same result when applying on simplyhired and indeed at other companies for therapy. I was so excited to apply in my residential area. When I heard back it was through e-mail, followed by an offer to have an interview in-person with notice that I would be hearing back in a couple days of my offer. It was a smooth process and well-worth applying all of my knowledge and credentials for. The coordinator was interpersonal and genuine. I appreciated that since my nerves were getting the best of me.

Negotiation

When offered I was given the opportunity to negotiate. The coordinator did not play hardball and was honest about the offer. It was a genuine conversation. The offer showed value for me. I appreciated that.

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Carlisle, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very polite. I went in very nervous because it was for such a professional agency. The interview was laid back and the gentleman made me feel less nervous once I got in their. The questions were straight forward about working with children. Lasted about 30 minutes or less.

Tss Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services.

Interview

I was asked about previous work experience and why I was interested in the position. Also there was a writhing assessment at the end to see how you write.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with children with mental disabilities?   Answer Question

D/A & Co-Occurring Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Lancaster, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a conversation. Interview was about 2 hours. That was becuase it was truly a dialogue about my experiences and how they coincided with the agency's. I was hired at the interview.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There were set rates for services provided.

Therapeutic Staff Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I got an email from an HR agency offering me the opportunity to interview. I accepted and was given a time and date. On the day of, I had difficulty finding the building and a place to park, and I had to wait more than thirty minutes to be seen. I was not expecting the questions that were asked of me, and despite being an entry level position with a minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree in a related field, the focus of the questions was on related experience, of which I had none. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the interview and when I left I figured I wasted my time and wouldn't get it. The next day I got a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Internship Director was Friendly, open, honest, and supportive. He was frank about the issues many interns have and was able to also be supportive at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How I saw my education as beneficial to the internship program   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TW Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services.

Interview

Applied online back in 2010. Received a phone call within a week. Walled in and had a formal interview. But it was expected.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you were in an emergency situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to increase my pay a small amount by talking about past experience.