Tableau Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Senior Paid Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen, then second with the Digital Marketing Manager. Both went well, then I was invited in for on sight with two team members and a face to face with the Digital Marketing manager again. It went well from what I could tell, everyone was nice and personable. A lot of focus on my past experience and some specific capabilities as they applied directly to their current needs. The interview was at the end of the week, I was contacted early the next week by the recruiting team to inform me they were going with someone else. I did like that I had received a response.

Interview Questions

• From your past position(s) list a few things that went right for you and something that went wrong.   1 Answer

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

screening phone call, short problem set based in the software, follow up phone call, 3-hour technical demo and additional interview. Recruiter provided lots of helpful pre-interview information. I had about a week to prepare for the demo and learn some basics about the software. The technical questions were Tableau-related and the other interview questions were pretty typical. A few logic questions too

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st interview with HR questions about basic experience, my previous jobs and how they suit me for this new position.
    2nd interview with director of digital marketing. Explained position more in depth with me, seemed like a nice woman. Asked me about why I am qualified and why I want to work for Tableau.

Received an email a day later saying they have chosen to pursue other candidates. I believe I wasn't qualified enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One round on campus after career fair and two rounds on site. On campus's result was given the following Monday and then scheduled Friday's onsite. The recruiter is super helpful. First on site interviewer was a little intimidating and misleading. The second was very kind. Overall average interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online -> call with recruiter (had lot of HR type questions) -> telephonic interview -> flew me to Seattle for onsite. Got a call in a few days that I did not clear. People were good in general.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked lot of HR type questions
      Telephonic - clone a graph
      Onsite - design car rental system, design card game, algo question to delete a complete binary tree using constant space. Was given a piece of code and had to find issues with it (how can i write it better)
      Answer Question

Mobile Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online and I was immediately contacted by a recruiter for brief chat and then she set up a phone screen with hiring manager. Hiring process explained was pretty standard industry process. I just happen to have only Phone screen but they never got back to me with the feedback on my phone screen.

Enterprise Area Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

11 action packed interviews, phone, 1:1 and panel. A demo of the software by me to show that I had studied and could truly sell. No easy task, but if you accomplish it, it means you have what it takes...all is left once hired is your professional endurance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, there was a technical phone screen interview with an engineer using a shared document. After that, I was invited to the office for a day of on-site interviews. There were four, one hour long interviews total, including a lunch interview. Each interview was conducted by two people. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within a week for a screening call with the recruiter. Moved on to two more phone interviews with the hiring managers but did not pass to the final round. The process was still very positive. The recruiter was very responsive, professional, and friendly. Very thorough interview questions about background and experience from the hiring managers, which is great because they want to ensure it's the right candidate for the position. They communicated fairly quickly about next steps and even received a professional and personal no thank you email within one business day.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience and background contribute to this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was typical as other companies. One phone screen and then on-site interview.
    I had 4 technical rounds and questions were of average difficulty.
    Even though the interview went well, I did not receive an offer. They did not provide any specific feedback as it was their company policy.

Interview Questions

• Questions were of average difficulty level. It is hard to guess what they are actually looking for.   Answer Question