Tableau Software Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.3

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied back in March and got an offer in June. For the presentation, choose if you would like to go with their examples or actually look for your own. Study, prepare. I read one of the comments here in Glassdoor and I have to say that it will take you at least a week to get a grasp of it but you will be fine if you prepare.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, what would you bring to the team? Why do you want to work at Tableau?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I have had 2 interviews prior to an interview day. During the interview day, I had 4 interviews and conducted a product demo/sales call myself. Besides the obvious initial questions, the interviews turned into very good discussions on visions, view on the business, challenges & opportunities and the various approaches that Tableau and "us", being the interviewer and myself, could adopt. It was very stimulating to have get to such level of discussion with mutual points of view during an interview. This was not about company politics and personal interest of each individual. On the contrary, I felt that everyone around the table was engaged, interested to come to new insights and enjoying the discussion.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive adoption for your vision/ideas? How do you overcome resistance? How do you track that others are acting on that vision once it has been approved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Every role has a bandwidth. They make sure that there isn't too much inconsistency between similar roles and that's only fair.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

After the first call with the recruiter I went to the Office of Tableau for a 1-on-1 with the hiring manager and a 1-on-1 with a future colleague. At first I got a very good feeling about Tableau because everyone was very welcoming and kind. No comments on the interviews but I was very disappointed about how they threat you after that.

I got an automated e-mail(!!) saying that they won't be progressing with me. I thought this wasn't very professional so I asked the recruiter for some feedback about my interview. They were too busy so they couldn't give me any feedback which is very unprofessional in my opinion. I have dedicated my time to come to the interview during the day, the least you can do is provide someone with feedback on their Interview.

Tableau looks like an amazing company to work for, but they should be more professional when it comes to letting people down.

Sales Manager Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone meeting with HR and then cocktail reception at the London Office. Wine and beer was provided and you had to network with Tableau staff to learn more about the company. HR then advised the next day if you would be taken through to the next stage of individual

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions at the phone interview or the cocktail reception. It was more about general chatting with people to see if you would fit into the culture.   Answer Question

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very inconsistent. Had an interview and never heard back, but was told on the call i should download their software as the final interview will be a demo. The questions were basic but talking about a dull interview there was no excitement in her voice. I never chased up as i didn't feel any buzz whatsoever. It was a complete waste of my time. Check this company off my list.

Interview Questions

• just basic partner manager questions nothing all that difficult   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online through their web. Fist stage was screening call with HR. Second stage was phone interview with the manager. Third stage was face-to-face interview with the same manager and then with the senior manager. Senior manager was arrogant eastern-european with poor English pronunciation, from the very first second he showed zero interest to the interview, and all the "conversation" with him was negative. After couple of days I wrote an email to HR asking if I passed to the next stage, but received a "DoNotReply" email telling me I didn't pass.

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

the first stages are very unstructured. met mostly great people, but you can tell the company is growing quickly and, internally, struggling to keep up. I had to chase them to follow up and prep the different stages. very limited feedback after the process.
    Tableau have you meet many people, potential peers, direct reports and then VP Emea of sales and head of sales ops. this all lasted almost a month. final stage is a role play which includes a product demo and a "strategy session" where you present your approach to the role and managing a team. there is lots of info to prep the role play. expectations for the strategy session felt very vague.

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

first with HR with standard sales questions and career goals then product demo and face to face interview with hiring managers and team

the whole process took about 3 weeks to complete so fairly quick

then they sent me to Seattle for 2 weeks bootcamp

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

1 phone call from a recruitment agency, 1 phone call from sales manager with common questions and then face to face interview, all process within 2 weeks. You have to prepare a demo on your own from the website, also you need to know their products specifications. The job of sales area is an inside job.

Interview Questions

• face to face interview is a business case: you have to know everything about the product : price, benefits and especially how it works because you have to do a demo of the product as if you work for the company since 5 years.
      On top of that you have to sell the product during a role play. Be prepared
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)).

Interview

- initial screening through Tableau recruiter: why Tableau, past experience etc.
    - second screening call with somebody from support: How would you resolve a conflict, a case you solved in the past, when did you take an initiative...
    - I was sent an email with "homework"

The calls were with Tableau US and in my evening.
    Overall I was a little disappointed not to get through to a technical interview and to fail on a vague hypothetical scenario question.

Interview Questions

• - I was sent "homework" :How I would proceed if a case was escalated to me in my first week with error message "internal server error" (it was a specific, but a catch all message). The message could not be found in the error logs by 1 level support.   1 Answer