Find jobs for Marketing Manager

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Tableau Software Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 546 interviews

In Person33%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn with a warm and detailed message. I then responded within fewer than 24 hours. I never heard back from the recruiter. I do not see this as an impressive management of candidates!

Interview Questions
  • did not get to the questions stage
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA)

Interview

I met the hiring manager at an open-house style job fair held at the Tableau offices in Fremont. After applying, I was invited to talk with the hiring manager further over the phone about a week later. The conversation was about 30 minutes and concentrated on growth in his department and how it would impact the company as a whole. After this, I was called by the recruiter who noted to me that the pay range for the role was "really not up to market standards" which dismayed me a bit. The recruiter noted that they told the hiring manager that it might be tough to get qualified candidates in place, but I wanted to see where this role went so I said I was still interested. I could always say "no" if it went down that path. She also told me that the hiring manager would like me to come in person for in-person interviews. These were scheduled for the following week. Odd thing was that the "in-person interviews" comprised of strictly talking to one person in the office and then everyone else via phone. While I can understand, particularly considering the time of year, it was odd to have me come in to meet with one person from a distantly related team. The interviews went pretty well. Mainly focused on what I've done in the past, what I think about various aspects about marketing to the target market, etc. I met with people in sales, marketing and international teams. The later of which grilled me substantially about my "lack of international experience". I think I handled that well enough considering the circumstances. After this, I was set to meet with another senior level individual within the company over the phone. After waiting about 20 minutes into the time I was supposed to talk with them, I assumed something happened and reached out to the rather helpful recruiter. She replied that the interviewer was indeed supposed to have been on the call but she would reach out to them to see if it might be possible to reschedule it. As it stands now, about 3 weeks later, I haven't heard a word back from the recruiter or from anyone else in the company. If they didn't think I was a great fit, that's perfectly fine...just tell me that so I can check it off my list. Tableau looks to be a dynamic, energetic company with talented people but with their recent increase in hiring, it certainly leaves a lot to be desired to maintaining at least basic communication with those they would like to interview.

Interview Questions
  • It looks like you lack any substantive international marketing experience. Why is that the case?
5 people found this interview helpful