KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Tableau Software Sales Area Manager Existing Business Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 546 interviews

Interviews at Tableau Software

Positive75%
Negative25%
Employee Referral75%
Applied online25%
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software in Apr 2017

Interview

couple of stages, very loose approach, focused on technical presentation skills, couple of phone stages during which some of my questions were not answered unfortunately, which is fair as the person was transparent and said they generally didnt know the answer, one coaching call to prepare for presentation which was a very positive experience during which I was coached to focus on sales pitch and added value as well as USP(s)

Interview Questions
  • Do you understand our business
    1 Answer
  • Please present our tool
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England)

Interview

If they manage their business the way they manage the hiring process, Qlik Q, Oracle and Splunk are going to steal candidates and business in no time. I had a great feeling about the role and cultural fit after the phone interviews. Tableau has a powerful software solution for clients to visualise date sets. I reached out to them several times before I heard about next steps and I never heard anything from people I interviewed with throughout the process. I get it, they're a public company in 'hyper-growth' mode and we are all busy, but a quick email is a simple courtesy. When I asked about competitors, they responded with "all competitors want to be like Tableau" instead of being realistic about the competitive BI landscape. They did fly me to Austin but after asking 3x about my itinerary, I finally got it Saturday morning two days before my flight on Labor Day weekend - insert first red flag here. So I changed my plans last minute because I felt like this was the next company for me in my career. At this stage in the process, I expected to hear direction on how they will handle travel expenses (more on that later). When I checked into the hotel they said I would have to pay for the hotel myself because Tableau had not paid for it - insert second red flag. After individual interviews, I had to present the older version of the software to a panel. I was asked questions to see how I'd respond. I've worked at fast-growing start-ups, publicly traded companies and private companies going through M&A's with reorgs, but Tableau has taken the prize for worst communication with a complete lack of respect for candidates time while over promising on expectations for their timeline. I emailed everyone, in addition to the recruiters about expenses or feedback, there is zero communication. Proceed with caution.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tableau Software