Find jobs for Sales Manager

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tableau Software Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 546 interviews

Applied online20%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore) in Feb 2020

Interview

Well thought out and very organised. All interview questions were logical, mature and valid. Had to go through 8 rounds of course. Lots of fun and being yourself is the only way to get through these.

Interview Questions
  • As a leader, examples of challenges and times you have failed. Why am I best suited for the job, and why do I want the job.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

There were several stages with the main one - software demo, where one has to sell the team Tableau software. Up to this point, everything was going as expected. I spent over 20 of my free time hours to prepare for the demo as apparently 90% of people fail (that's what hiring manager said to me). On the day the hiring manager just didn't show up and HR didn't know until the last minute if he will appear via web-ex or not. No apologies were sent to me in any shape or form ever. However, three other people were present and it felt like they all wanted to be over an done with it the soonest possible (They must be doing a lot of these demos to fill in the positions if 90% fail). One lady on the panel quickly derailed my demo with a tech question I didn't know how to answer and tried to solve on the fly. Apparently, I needed to move on quickly from the subject and no waste her precious 5 min. When I asked for feedback at the meeting, she also initially didn't want to give it justifying "no time left" (this how above myself she thinks she is, 2 min of her paid time not worth 20 hours of mine unpaid. Well, at least she showed up). Eventually, she gave me all negative feedback (no attempt to make it in any way balanced), like I didn't control the meeting enough, wasted time to correct the mistake etc. I felt the attitude was a bit hostile and frankly shocked that none cared to know anything about me and push me out the door soonest. The next day, I asked to hear a feedback from the hiring manager, who was meant to see my presentation in the record but received an automated nameless rejection email in a week's time. It seems if you "fail" the demo, they drop you like a hot potato. You are a failed material and none wants to spend any of the time on dealing with you (including recruiters). I seriously doubt that metastases of this disrespect to people have not made it to the corporate culture and they are supportive and friendly with each other. I advise being prepared for anything when you are going to do the demo and think of your strategy if something goes wrong. Also, don't expect people being well intended, it is better to be prepared for the worse.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tableau Software