KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Tableau Software User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 547 interviews

Recruiter20%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The recruiter screen for 30 mins where we spoke about the experience so far. A phone call about a week later with a designer. It was a pretty straightforward process with questions related to recent projects. Spoke through my process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you respond to negative feedback?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Process took about 2 months. My recruiter was really nice and showed interested in my work. This made me take Tableau more seriously. I had two phone call sessions and then a design exercise. After turning in the exercise, I was invited for an on-site. The on site involved 5 sessions and a portfolio presentation (which is optional) each taking an hour. A total of 6 hours interviewing. The toughest task was reserved for the session right after lunch break when I was all tired and full from lunch. Everything is planned and done intentionally. From the questions, to the timing of each session, and even the people in the room. I felt I had a good interview at the end of the day, but I wasn't sure if getting an offer. I was surprised when contacted 2 days after with news of an offer. They said they liked that I was unique and different. They are only interested in your process. They'll ask you questions as you're thinking. They'll expect you to think out loud. It helps to have used to product. They'll ask you what you can improve about it. They'll ask you why you want to work at tableau. You might have senior folks in your sessions (the VP of visual analytics and design was in mine). They are picky, but just focus on being your awesome unique self. I think you have to show your passion too.

Interview Questions
  • Design an interface for simulating the pattern of a water fountain controlled by music. Input, music. Output, water from pumps of water fountain.
2 people found this interview helpful