Tableau Software Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Tableau Software Interview Questions in Washington, DC

3.8

Enterprise Area Sales Manager - Federal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter made initial contact (same day I applied) via email looking to establish a time when we could set up a phone interview. The recruiter was both friendly and open with the phone interview process itself being a relatively straightforward review of my resume and pertinent job experience ( looking to screen me in or out). She shared information about the interview process, trainings expected in the first year of employment and high-level information on benefits.

Interview Questions

• "What was my quota attainment in last year?"   1 Answer

Deal Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and that kicked off the process. Had a few phone interviews before coming onsite. I had 5 half hour interviews with various employees in the department, and also had a brief skills test. I then had another phone interview with a director, prior to getting an offer.

Overall it was a great experience, the interview process was more about a personality fit than anything (unsurprisingly the sales/operations interviews seem to be much different than engineering).

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. A recruiter reached out with an invitation to discuss the role. A technical assessment was sent to me, I completed it and submitted and never heard back from anyone on the team.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

One thing I appreciated the most about this interview was being interviewed by several different folks on the team. I had to repeat the same thing over and over but it was nice to get different angles. The manager asked me a few technical questions that I know I didn't do well on. I'm better at showing someone how its done on a working PC then telling you how to do something. Its sucks people judge you based on confidence rather than doing it. The interview took over 4 hours. It definitely can be trimmed down but if you get the job its worth it. They really care if you will fit into their culture. The company is very casual so the folks that interview you will be in a T-Shirt and Jeans / Shorts. 90% of my interview was via Webex which was a first for me but I think I was less nervous this way. The company is growing rapidly and is based out of Seattle so expect interviews that may not be face to face. They really wanted to get to know me so I did appreciate that I wasn't treated like a number.

Interview Questions

• If someone was missing their PST in outlook how would you find it?   1 Answer

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal referral, 2 screen conversations with recruiter, phone interview with manager, 3 hour onsite interview with managers, director. Product demo is the decisive factor - prep for this well. Very engaging but difficult interview. Product demo to leadership with Q&A session.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume/background and application to SAM role   Answer Question

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty intense overall, first two interviews are standard, HR first then second is an interview with the hiring manager. From there you're asked to demo the product and challenged every step along the way as if you're talking to two disgruntled customers. Prep should included overcoming objections and understanding the overall BI market which is way more than any other interview I've ever done.

Interview Questions

• What sparked your interest in Tableau?   1 Answer
    • Demo the product in a sales situation (expectation of 20 minutes of content).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, tried on several fronts but they wouldn't budge on any of he salary, commission, or benefits