Tacit Knowledge Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Tacit Knowledge

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tacit Knowledge

Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco) in Feb 2017

Interview

The process took about one week. Firstly, there was a technical phone screening, the interviewer asked questions about my background, experience and previous positions. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview consisted on three different stages and took the whole day to complete. It was very challenging, but very rewarding. In the first stage I was interviewed by a software engineer who asked me questions about my background (basically the same questions that they asked me on the phone screening). The second stage consisted of a pair-programming task on which I had to solve a problem by coding a real solution on Java, the software engineer was basically taking a look at my code, giving feedback and asking questions about the approaches I took, it was a tough and unexpected exercise. After that, there was a break on which I was invited to have lunch with other guys from the company, that was really cool and kind from them. In the final stage, a tech lead came to the room and we both designed an architectural solution for implementing a web application, at this point I was very relaxed and enthusiastic. The three guys that interviewed me were very polite and helpful. Although having all the interviews in one day was very tiring, I felt it was a good approach as you don't have to attend on different days, and more if you live in another city (like in my case), and more importantly, they gave me a result that same day (right immediately finishing the last interview).

Interview Questions
  • Create a Logger utility from scratch
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco
Application

Interview

Very challenging process but very rewarding, couple of phone calls, one more soft and one more techie, then invited to an in-house where we did a solution design exercise and a great pair programming interview, the person they paired me with was very senior and friendly. Oh they also took me to lunch with part of the team, it was then that I realized this was a company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Recruiter based out of texas is NOT professional at all. I was asked questions totally unrelated to my job profile and there was needless curiosity in the other offer I had in hand, judging the company I had the offer in hand. This behavior is unacceptable. The interview overall was OK. The team is small and office space is good. Did not enjoy the day long interview process especially with one of the interviewers being over critical and judgmental.

Interview Questions
  • Give 3 values about yourself ? (More like a moral science question)
Anonymous Employee in Chisinau
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Chisinau) in Feb 2012

Interview

The interview process was quite quick and effective. 1 phone screening interview + inhouse interview (4 rounds). During 2 days I got the offer. The interviewers were very smart and they started asking basic questions and were progressing with more difficult questions. I was really impressed about the quality of the interview.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email