Taco Bell Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Taco Bell Assistant General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Taco Bell

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Neptune, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Met with the head of Human Resources, my district, and regional manager for an interview at one of their local stores. They asked some theoretical questions and described my job role. I got a call back with an offer two days later. For all the questions you are asked about when things go wrong on your shift, make sure to always say that you would document the incident.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if an employee gets injured on your shift?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Garland, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Did a walk through of store, I was told in the interview I was being hired for a GM but I got assistant gm. They lied to get me in the door. I was told this was a family first company and they want you to have time for your family. That was a lie also. Unless you get a GM that works you better be prepared to basically run the store and say bye bye to family time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Union, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied via the internet and received a call to set up an interview. The interview was very simple and was typical of rest. management.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, In person interview with an area general manager, phone interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• basic questions, just trying to get a feel for your ethics and commitment   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spoke about salary where I have come from and they offered 2000 more per year. ended up being 38000 per year salary

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Columbia, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Be casual and direct, know your worth. Remind yourself that this is the lowest pit you can be in, and if you don't get what you want just walk away. You are worth a lot to Taco Bell, remember that Taco Bell has nothing to offer you in return. It's just hell.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for a salary. Months later the salary still did not kick in. They usually pay you around 9.5 hourly.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (El Paso, TX).

Interview

They will expect you to smile. They are looking for a positive attitude and knowledge about food service. They want to know why you want to work there. If you are interviewing for management you will have 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Taco Bell?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will offer you a set amount there is not really much room for negotiation. Shift Manager$9-$10 dollars an hour. Employee- min wage to 50 cents above minimum wage. Assistant General Manager - $28,000 - $35,000. General Manager $40,000 to $50,000. Area Coach - $55,000- $65,000.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Madison, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within 30 days by a HR rep. Set up a phone interview for the following week. Covered basic questions, why Taco Bell, some situational questions along with behavioral questions.

She immediately set up a second interview with the area coach and director of operations for later that week.

Second interview was pretty relaxed and laid back. Consisted of going over previous experiences, achieved goals, training techniques, and why they should hire you. If you have never worked for a Taco Bell, if they choose to move forward with you they will schedule a RJP during a lunch or dinner rush with a stores GM (realistic job preview). This Is used to give you a first hand look at what you're getting into.
    If you have past Taco Bell experience, they may have you skip the RJP.

I was offered the position and accepted the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where an employee is consistently under performing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generous offer. No room for negotiation, they have set guidelines for salaries.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell in October 2014.

Interview

I had initially seen an ad about a Taco Bell management job fair but I could not attend due to other commitments, so I went to the Taco Bell website and applied that way. I heard back from a field recruiter within a week or less. She sent me some info to look over that had to do with the company and then set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was about 20-30 mins long and I was asked about my background in management and my previous salary, what my schedule was like, what my expectations were. She then said that she would forward my information to the area manager and let them decide what to do from that point on. I got an email stating that I could come for an interview later that week with the district/area manager. I showed up for that and was interviewed by two people. They asked me a lot of questions about prior management experience and my schedule. I asked what the next step was in the hiring process and was told that it is usually a 3 part deal, but that the third person to interview candidates was the 2nd person doing my interview that day so i got to skip the 3rd interview! They finished the interview and let me know I would hear from them within 24 hours one way or another. I was called back within a couple of hours and given a verbal offer of the job. I was told that once my background check etc had been submitted that I would be given a written contract via email and could start the 6-8 week training process.

Interview Questions

• What was the best part of your last job?
      What was the most challenging part of your last job?
      Why do you want to work for Taco Bell?
      Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked my previous salary during the 1st interview. During conversation with the 3rd interview person I was asked what I was looking for salary wise. I stated that I had left my previous job at 36k and had started it at 32k and was hoping for somewhere in between those two numbers, obviously believing my abilities place me at the high end. They stated that sounded reasonable to work with and when I was given the offer they offered me a base of 36k and bonuses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardnerville, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Gardnerville, NV) in February 2018.

Interview

Put in an application online and was called the next day to come in. Sit down interview with closing assistant manager and then second interview with general manager. First interview was wonderful, her exact needs fit my schedule. She asked if I had management experience which I do not but have degrees in business management. Second interview was horrible. She changed everything on me and told me I can be shift lead and get hired on at $9 an hour. I am way too skilled and applied specifically for assistant general manager seeking $15+ an hour so I politely declined.

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Kokomo, IN) in January 2019.

Interview

Went in to have an interview asked normal questions and asked for you to tell about yourself and about your work history. What you like about Taco Bell and why you chose them to work for over other companies.