Taco Bell Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

4 days after I applied online, I had a 20-30 minute screening call with a recruiter. It was easy, consisting of a walk through of your background and experience. 5 days later, I had another 20-30 minute call with the hiring manager. This was similar to the screening call. 6 days later, I attended a lengthy in-person interview at the Google-like Irvine HQ. It was a 3-hour long interview with six 30-minute meetings with various directors and managers. It wasn't difficult. Most of the interviewers were improvising or didn't have anything prepared at all. This is apparently called a "conversational"-style interview. 23 days after I applied online, I got a call from the recruiter telling me that I didn't get the position. Overall, it wasn't a difficult interview and it was a mediocre experience. I guess one good to come out of the experience was that I got a gift card out of it.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The process took a long time, and i had to interview with a lot of people. This was several years ago and the process seems to have changed in the last year or so

Interview Questions

• How many yellow school buses are in the US, and you can't use the internet   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Really positive. Each person I dealt with was professional and made me feel like the cared about the company as well as prospective employees. The recruiters were great at communicating expectations for the process, which made the experience more enjoyable on my end, because I knew what to expect. It was made up of around 4-5 interviews either on the phone or in person.

Interview Questions

• What books are you currently reading?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, firm offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Really nice guy interviewed me and asked behavioral questions. Was alumni from my current mba program so we had that connection. Wasn't that keen on actually getting the job so that may color some of my impressions

Taco Bell Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was called in by the manager the day before to come in for an interview. Came in around 5 o'clock and asked for the manager and I waited at table. He came and I gave him a copy of my resume and my school schedule. He looked over the resume and seemed content with what he read. He said that he usually gives extensive interviews (he had the interview cards ready to go) but decided that I seemed to be a good candidate and gave me the job on the spot! :D He then told me about what the job requires and what he expected from me. I start in a couple days.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The whole process from start to finish was very well done. HR was very informative upfront about the role, the dynamics of the department and the compensation structure. Everything was well coordinated and organized. I started with a pre-screen call with HR, then moved to an in-person interview, met with HR and two people from the team. Everyone was great and very informative through the process. HR was quite responsive in getting back to me within a couple of days to tell let me know the status of my candidacy. What was really great as well, is that not only did HR get back to me, but they personally called me to let me know their decision versus just sending an email. And lastly, this is the only time in my seasoned career that an organization provided me with a "Thank you" card and gift during the interview process for my time and consideration of them as a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• All the basic questions about experience and how it fits within their organization.
      As well as favorite food item and why Taco Bell.
      Answer Question

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Agency sent me (red flag) to interview. No telephone pre-screen. Wanted to "see" you at an on-site interview. Interview with two people lasted less than 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Staffmark, the on site staffing agency at Taco Bell. Phone interview, then in person interview with the Staffmark hiring manager on site. She then decides to pass you on to a 2nd interview with the Taco Bell Leadership on another day. Interview with them, then call back for an offer.
    Interview was not intimidating nor were difficult questions asked. Just discussion of your work experience.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 8+ people, some twice, across 3-4 different visits. Not a lot of questions about actual experience but more personality, work ethic etc. they feel you have the experience to do the job - it's evident from the companies you've worked for previously etc so it's all about the fit.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first with HR personnel, then 1:1 with HR, exec admin, and admin. I guess to pass to the next round you need to go though the admins, not the hiring manager. Didn't make it to the second round. HR called and let me know, which was nice, at least they call and let you know either way.

Interview Questions

• It was a nice experience, the questions were basic, asked about my work experiences which I had for this position, not sure what they were looking for, they were all very nice and easy to interview with.   Answer Question