Taco Bell Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Taco Bell Shift Lead Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got called a week later. Interview was in the seating area. Got offered a crew member position because I lacked experience in restaurants even though I had management experience. They said it would take me at least 2 months for a promotion. So I did not accept the offer. Pay was only 7.50-8 depending on when I worked. $8 for the late/early shifts and less for the day time shifts. Would rather have seen one fixed pay scale.

Interview Questions

• Why Taco Bell?
    What's one time you dealt with a difficult customer and how was it resolved?
    Restaurant experience? Management experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Employee in District Heights, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (District Heights, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied thru snagajob, got a call from the district manager the next day. we set my interview up for the following monday was hired on the spot. just waiting on my background check & drug test so I can start.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Taco Bell?   1 Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

My hiring interview was at a local taco bell store. I was being interviewed by the district manager, she was 30 minutes late to the interview. I was dressing in black slacks, a navy polo and a jacket. She was dressed in a track suit. On first glance, she commented that my attire does not make it seem like I was even interested in the job. She then proceeded to ask me scenario questions, when dispute questions arose, I answered, "That would have to depend on my training as to how the company would like me to handle that situation." That was not an acceptable answer and I was told to choose something different. After the interview, I was offered a job 10 cents lower that what I was asking, and then told my training store was a 45 minute drive.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in to the store, said they were just in the drive thru and then threw a burrito at your face, what would you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Springfield, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out the application online then took the assessment online. I was contacted just a couple days later. I interviewed with the store GM then with the area coach. I was offered a position on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Riverside, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I talked with the GM one of the days I was eating out in the dining room and asked him if they were hiring. I applied online and didn't receive any type of response or confirmation. I waited two weeks and called and right away they asked me to interview with the GM. He asked basic customer service questions and tried getting to know me. It was fairly and right after he told me I got the job and that I would begin orientation the following week.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you regret the most about your personal life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start off as a Team member making minimum wage. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Sacramento, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I went to a career fair Taco Bell was holding for all management positions. It was a pretty decent turnout when I got there, and the place was packed. They told you to bring a resume, but when I arrived they had you sign in and fill out an application, then had probably 5 to 7 managers there from different stores reviewing everyone's application and doing 1:1 interviews with everybody. When the manager called my name we sat down and briefly went over my experience, then he told me that they didn't actually need anybody at any certain store but were pre-screening applications in case they needed anybody. Fairly easy interview, asked me a few questions about customer service and teamwork and then asked a simple what if question. Then proceeding to tell me that he would give my resume and application to the recorder and call me for an interview if they needed me.

Interview Questions

• Taco Bell prides itself on customer service. What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Taco Bell is a team environment. What does team work mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If you look back in the kitchen there, you'll see a lot of positive energy, what does positive energy mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if, I were a customer and ordered a burrito supreme with no tomatoes, sat down, and found tomatoes on my burrito supreme and came to you and told you I ordered no tomatoes, what would you do?   1 Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2010.

Interview

It was rather a informal and conversational interview, i felt the interviewer was a little nervous too, we spoke for about one hour and then he thank me and said that they will call me, they cal me next day and send me to apply online where i had to pass a questionnarie first and then fill out all my personal info there too. Later on someone call me from HR inquiring more info and asked me background questions to corroborate my identity.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of experience do I have in restaurants   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice ask for $3-$4 over the minimum legal in your state.