Taco Bell Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.1

Food Champion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Madison, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to a hiring event and had a what I thought was a very good interview. I was told I had the job and to go home and fill out the application online, and the hiring manager would then "hit the hire button" as soon as I called back. I did this, and my application said hired 24 hours later and let me fill out my paperwork which I did the following day. I thought surely since it went so well and that I was hired, I would soon be contacted to be started. After not hearing back for a week, I called the restaurant to get an update, and the manager was pretty apologetic and offered excuses but did say that I should be contacted "in about a week and some change" after she got herself together. She mentioned the store was a mess. I waited about this long and still had not heard back, so I called again and received more apologies and excuses, saying that another manager had messed something up. She took my name and number and shirt size and said she would call me that Wednesday. No one called on Wednesday, so I called the next day and was told to call back when a manager was there. No calls were received at any point. I called today about four times and was told to call back when the hiring manager was there, and then I was told that she was on the phone twice (mind you the calls were about an hour apart when I had confirmation that the hiring manager WAS there), so to me that sounds like my call was being screened. At this point, I have obviously given up on ever having my first day as an employee, and I can't believe the horrible unprofessionalism I have been subjected to for over a month now. I've been led on, and it's surprising to me since I was literally hired at a hiring event - meaning you need employees, so you would think I would have been working all that time. It's pretty bad to play with someone's life like that, and I have to say that this was the worst interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with handling difficult customers? (I'm only using this as an example since the hiring manager didn't really ask me anything difficult or ask many questions at all - the actual interview itself was fine)   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Just wish in hope i get the job for my family in learn how to work as a group hope i get the job In start working for others In more

Interview Questions

• Do i know how to work as a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ships N more

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Spring Hill, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, they want to make sure that you are serious about good customer service and have good instincts for management.
    I talked to the General manager about a job, and got a call shortly from the Area Coach. One meeting with him and a few questions, then just several days for the HR process and I got to start.

Interview Questions

• Put these in order from most to least important: Team Members, Profit, Customers, and Sales.   1 Answer

Food Champion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews: one with the store manager and another with his assistant. was given an answer within a week. the questions were pretty standard and the process was very laid-back, as was the manager doing the interviewing. after being hired, i was given a pretty detailed tour of the facility. then i was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Morristown, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not as bad as I thought it was. I was afraid they would ask me questions that I did not know how to answer, but they kept the questions very simple. Just always make sure you keep eye contact and use your hands for gestures. Just try to sound super nervous and the interview will go great! I had an overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell me about myself   1 Answer
    • I was asked to ask a gentleman how his food was.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakridge, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Oakridge, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

At the time it sounded very good and exhibited great promise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made a offer and then it turned out to be something else after the facet !

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Knoxville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

You sit down with the manager in the restaurant and they ask you basic questions. They mostly want to make sure you can work, have some people-skills, and won't show up late to your shift. Pretty low standards, the goal is just to present yourself as clean and hard-working.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Johnson City, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed about a week later by a 1 on 1 with a district manager. follow up interview with another DM about a week after that. very professional, but seemed a little disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Several questions were hypothetical situation based and the interviewer wanted very specific and detailed answers   Answer Question

Not the right job for me at the time. the time requirements were not compatible with being a full time student

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Smyrna, TN) in May 2008.

Interview

I was invited to an open house where I was interviewed by the Region and Area Coaches, who both seemed impressed. The open house was well planned and executed, I think when it comes to human resources the senior management has it down.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not very quick at all and 10 being very very quick), if I threw you into the back of a restaurant and said manage it, how quickly would you pick up the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually did not need to negotiate, the pay they offered was well above average for their company and for me having no previous management experience.