Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tahoe Regional Planning Agency

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stateline, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (Stateline, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Typical panel interview process. Interviewees were asked to prepare a planning exercise for the interview, which I found to be a great way to show your planning experience. The interview panel was professional and I felt like they were engaged in the process. I was able to Skype in the interview instead of driving for two hours to get there, and it was really nice of them to accommodate me like that.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where a property owner is dissatisfied with a TRPA zoning law?   Answer Question

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stateline, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (Stateline, NV) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was preceded by a "pre-interview assignment" that required quite a bit of research, but was very helpful in learning about the organization and process. A five page written report with timeline and implementation strategies based on your approach. The interview, which I elected to do in person (versus skype), was friendly and the employees were quite approachable. The questions were somewhat difficult and lacked clarity, so it was hard to know what was being asked at times. I am sure the hiring process was fairly competitive, so I was disappointed but not surprised when I did not receive an offer. The follow up on their hiring process lacked any personal reference, and was clearly cut-and-pasted, which was a bit disappointing after putting so much effort into the assignment and interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision without an authority figure to reference, what did you do and why?   Answer Question