Takata Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

very smooth but relatively very long face-to-face (on-site) interview - 1.5hrs twice. The questions are similar each times but interviewers were very gentle and explained the job descriptions well.

Had first call interview with HR and two on-site interviews (1st with HR, managers; 2nd with director and VP). Then i received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Great recruiters, I like the hospitality they have with me and also the schedule. They were on time for me they get me to the meeting room and, believe me, it was plenty sharp in any kind of condition that we can describe

Interview Questions

• How you keep control with your group??   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Embedded ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takata (Pontiac, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially HR sent out and candidate submittal form which had some questionnaire about experience, education, skills. After a week, HR called and set up one hour interview with engineers and manager of the team. Mainly questions were like tricky C questions. After that interview, they said will come back with onsite interview information but never came back. Mailed couple of times for Hr regarding feedback but no response.

Interview Questions

• How do make a variable which is declared and value can be changed in one file, but can only be visible in other file( value can not be changed) with using global declaration?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Takata (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Have two round of interview. First interviewer was my boss right now, was asked my general information ask questions about my study and my experiences. It was a very good communication. After a while, I got a notification for the second round of interview. Another person at a higher position talked to me about my concerns or any questions I had. Told me what was the position expatiation. After that I had no idea if I was considered. Good news was they give me an offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

2 separate interviews. other engineers, then engineering manager and director. HR very involved.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come back to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer letter. negotiated more vacation.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Takata (Pontiac, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied this position after I graduate. The process took me 2 months. First round was an phone interview with HR and it was all about basic behavior questions. Second round was interviewed with one manager and two engineers. They asked questions focused on my school courses and projects. some basic matlab/simulink questions.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is extremely easy if you have a reference. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager for about 10 minutes. We scheduled an interview at Takata which took maybe 45 minutes tops. I spoke with Human Resources for 20 minutes and Engineering Management for 25 minutes and that was it. I received a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "what was the most hardship you've encountered and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

On the application they had a field for "expected pay" and I filled it out and they gave me that pay. I could have probably asked for more.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

I actually had an inside reference which helped the process along greatly. Aside from that, I had a 20 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, I went in about a week later for a 1-hour sit down interview with HR and that manager. About three days later I was then provided an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how well do I work with teams and if I had any issues working within a team, how did I address the issues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

The Takata interview process is not too bad, but different. After the initial call from HR you are brought into an onsite interview. You first interview with HR, but in a more detailed way then other places. It's like they are you hiring manager. After that you interview with a manager and maybe a lead. Sometimes they will bring in a director also.

Interview Questions

• Do you like doing paperwork?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate and settled for an offer that was level with the job I had been laid off from. They said they have not given raises in 3 years and I would be paid unfairly if they gave me more.

Takata Response

Feb 11, 2015 – Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for the interview feedback, and for working at Takata! As you have probably found out, the information you were given about raises was inaccurate. The headquarters location in Auburn... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takata (Detroit, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

Had three interviews with the hiring manager, director and an employee after got a call from HR.
    The HR told me the manager was very impressed with me but they were concerned about my expectation. I contacted the manager to inform that I was flexible. Waited another week or so without getting any feed back. I e-mailed the HR to get no response, e-mailed twice to the manager to get no reply. I think they are lack of professionalism and even rude. It would not cost for them to say no cost me!

Takata Response

Apr 6, 2016 – Sr. HR Manager

If this was at the Auburn Hills, MI facility (we don't have an office in Detroit, MI) I apologize that no one got back to you. Even if your salary expectations were too high for the position, this... More