Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was almost all day from 8am-2pm. I met with eight people. I appreciated the care that went into the interview process. It shows that they are discerning and are looking for a good fit.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

They made me fly in on my own money stating an emergency and showing no flexibility without due notice on time so I could inform my current workplace.
    They made statements such as, "we loved your resume".
    They screened me twice before calling me in.
    They gave a very positive feedback in the interview.
    Didn't consider a Skype interview.
    Said misleading statements that you will be a great fit.
    I said that all techniques stay the same and I know all, its just that I have expertise in something else. They said never mind you can still come on board.
    The next day they rejected me saying "my skills are inadequate".
    It serves them right that all staffing agencies tweak candidate resumes and put in fake experience as there is no value for the truth anymore.

Interview Questions

• What is the basic procedure you would follow for a viral based titer and expression in human cells.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minutes phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The questions were mainly focused on technical skills. Then was invited for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I was asked both technical and behavioral questions. A lot of importance is given to collaboration and getting along with the team. Overall the environment is very positive!

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda?   1 Answer
    • I was asked technical questions related to my presentation   Answer Question
    • Short term goal and then 5 years goal?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever have a conflict with a colleague or your supervisor. If yes, how did you proceed with that?   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard - most of the usual questions were spread out over a full day length interview. After that day, I was actually feeling incredibly interested in the position, unfortunately what followed was not standard at all. During the interview I was told that I should expect to hear back within three business days...or by the end of the month (over 20 business days away). I thought that this was strange but I figured that they were seeing candidates over the coming weeks. When I reached out a week or two later asking for an update, I never received a response. A month after the interview, I still never received a message. I reached out again - still radio silence. While I am still interested in the position itself, this treatment means that I will most likely not be applying to any positions there in the future.

Analytical Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took more than two months. HR round was via an email questionnaire.
    After that had a phone interview with the lead scientist, followed by another round of a phone interview with the department head, lead scientist, and associate scientist.
    Was not offered position because of no relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Case-based questions.
      2. What do you know about different HPLC techniques?   Answer Question

PDP IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

My first interview was on campus and then I was called to set up another interview. Second round, which was the final round, was a half day at the Landsdowne St office with 3 different executives in the company including the CIO (nerve-wracking!). At the end of the half day we were told we would hear back within a week. Since I was offered the position, I heard back quickly from the HR reps but I talked to the other candidates who didn't hear back within the week/at all which seems unprofessional.

Contract Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called by recruiter, follow up call with hiring manager then in person panel interview. The process was swift and very professionally run. The public relations team were nice, straight forward and friendly. The recruiter met me in the lobby and escorted me to meet each team member. Beautiful offices!
    My last interview was with the hiring manager and she also was professional, asked appropriate questions and replied to emails.

Commercial Technical Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview a week later with three of the team members. They interviewed me one at a time, and asked basic interview questions: What are your strengths/weaknesses? Describe your past experience and how it would relate to the job description. I was shown a graph and asked to interpret what I saw based on my experience with data. It was straightforward, but I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe your past experience and how it would relate to the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Give a group presentation followed by answering questions from the whole group. Then meet with each scientist in the team for individual interview. The interview itself was not hard if you can give a good presentation. I'd say you make 90% of the impression in the presentation. The rest is just getting to know you personally and see if you fit in the team.

Senior Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 staff members and human resources. Human Resources ran the show rather than the people in the group who I would have been working for. Strange I thought.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with pharma rather than patients. How will you transition yourself?   Answer Question