Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard - most of the usual questions were spread out over a full day length interview. After that day, I was actually feeling incredibly interested in the position, unfortunately what followed was not standard at all. During the interview I was told that I should expect to hear back within three business days...or by the end of the month (over 20 business days away). I thought that this was strange but I figured that they were seeing candidates over the coming weeks. When I reached out a week or two later asking for an update, I never received a response. A month after the interview, I still never received a message. I reached out again - still radio silence. While I am still interested in the position itself, this treatment means that I will most likely not be applying to any positions there in the future.

Biostatistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in November 2016.

Interview

phone interview, the whole process takes around 30 minutes
    first ask me to introduce myself
    then ask some technical questions related to the resume, such as the scientific questions, the statistical modeling method I used, etc
    Interviewers are very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• statistical detail about my projects
       collaboration experience, how do you convince your client/collaborators
      why choose industry over academia
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (South Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a bit tedious. I interviewed twice with this company and I felt the interview wasn't tailored toward me personally. It was more about the industry not about how I personally could contribute to the environment. They were interested in hard numbers.

Interview Questions

• How does my present experience relate to this current sales position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to submit a virtual one way interview a week later. They use a third party to schedule this and it takes about 15-20 minutes. They ask you questions and you have 30 seconds to think about it and answer it. A month later was called and asked to come in for a face to face interview.

Primary Care Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Takeda's website. A few days later I was contacted that I had made it to the next step. This next step was a 30 minute video interview through the mobile application: HireVue. This part of the process seemed very odd. I had to get dressed up in business professional, just to sit in front of my phone and answer questions. The question would scroll on the screen, then I was given 30 seconds to 2 minutes to think- then the video started recording my response. About ten questions were asked.

After a week I received another email that the district manager had reviewed my video and was conducting final interviews at a hotel in downtown Portland. I had a final face to face interview with two district managers. One was very quiet. The other was very challanging.

Four hours after the final interview I had a personal email that I was "short listed" for a position and they wanted to check my references. For this I had to email 5-25 people to have them rank my professional abilities.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you were instructed to work on at the end of your ride-alongs with your former district manager?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Full day of rotating interviewers with a presentation in the morning. We went out for dinner the night before. one on one with the hiring manger who was very nice and kept things light.

Interview Questions

• Experience regarding my cv. People from all departments had a chance to interview me and asked a variety of different questions, mostly related to the position itself.   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Great Neck, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first 'interview' was a one-way audio interview, 6 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. After the 30 second prep period, the camera would automatically start recording and you would see yourself on the computer screen. You had the option to turn this off, which I should have, it was very distracting and an unnatural way to innterview. A lot of dynamics going on simultaneously.
    I am waiting to hear if I will be moved forward for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to highlight a sales representative's strengths and opportunities. Where did you use this to advance the level of this person?   Answer Question

Contract Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called by recruiter, follow up call with hiring manager then in person panel interview. The process was swift and very professionally run. The public relations team were nice, straight forward and friendly. The recruiter met me in the lobby and escorted me to meet each team member. Beautiful offices!
    My last interview was with the hiring manager and she also was professional, asked appropriate questions and replied to emails.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received email to schedule first interview via email / online. First interview was with two district managers and then 2 weeks later a second (final) interview with DM and RSD. Received rejection email "thank you for your application but position has been filled" about 2 weeks after final interview. Kind of a long process but overall was very fair. Prepare to have some of your responses challenged. Was not asked to sell anything (ea: pen)

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very basic, straight forward, STAR questions. It was a one on one interview. Before the face-to-face there was a Skype type interview. I believe it was with a company called HireVue, important, go through practice interview questions if you have not gone through this process! You are asked questions and have 30 seconds to think before your three minutes to answer. Again all the basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the conflict with co-worker quesion... had a few co-worker questions. Biggest achievement?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Research Investigator Interview Cambridge, MA What are your future career goals?
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Biostatistician Interview statistical detail about my projects collaboration experience, how do you convince your client/collaborators why choose industry over academia
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview South Houston, TX How does my present experience relate to this current sales position?
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Los Angeles, CA What awards did I have, basic questions.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Primary Care Healthcare Representative Interview Portland, OR What was one thing that you were instructed to work on at the end of your ride-alongs with your former district manager?
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Associate Director Interview San Diego, CA Experience regarding my cv. People from all departments had a chance to interview me and asked a variety of different questions, mostly related to the position itself.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals District Sales Manager Interview Great Neck, NY Discuss a time when you had to highlight a sales representative's strengths and opportunities. Where did you use this to advance the level of this person?
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Contract Project Manager Interview Boston, MA How would you improve our digital channels
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Sacramento, CA Be prepared for the conflict with co-worker quesion... had a few co-worker questions. Biggest achievement?