Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen, followed by About 6 hours on site, 1:1, video call with staff in Illinois, group lunch. Cambridge campus is very nice / modern. Mixed space with R&D labs. Post transformation Takeda is a global player focusing on oncology. I was placed in a small conference room and staff called in or logged in to interview me while they were remote. Seems most staff work only 1/2 day on Friday so that is a bonus for culture / work-life balance.

Sales Representative- Norristown Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very convoluted and the lack of communication was surprising. There were no follow emails provided and I had to reach out to get updates regarding the position. After checking the candidate profile platform one day - it actually said that I went in and withdrew my own application for consideration and was no longer being considered for the position. This never happened and I had to make several calls to find out how this error occurred in their system. They never provided any insight, however, the next day they simply switched it to the typical Thank you for applying but...
    I was actually shocked! The phone interview went extremely well and the HireView questions were simple for me since I have experience in pharma as well as in training, as I am a Certified Sales Trainer. All communication stopped after the video was submitted. I find it very peculiar that someone with my background that exceeded the requirements they were looking for, wouldn't make it to the final round- except that I'm not Caucasian.

Interview Questions

• What are some of you biggest accomplishments and how did you achieve them?   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Interview was fine, normal for this position. Here's what isn't: Do you want to supply 5-7 references PRIOR to going to your onsite interview? And by supply, I mean have them fill out EXTENSIVE review forms - like doing your year-end review because I guess the managers at Takeda can't evaluate people themselves? That's the job isn't it?

They waste a tremendous amount of your reference's time and goodwill and if more companies adopt this your references are going to get really really tired of it! Poor business practice in a very small world.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

easy conversational, wanted to learn more about your background rather than your future goals. basic interview questions with a few situational questions. look up basic interview questions to prepare.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for position and had to create an online account to check the status of my application. Two weeks after applying I received an email requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of normal walk me through your resume questions a few STAR format questions. A few days after that I was invited by email to take a digital interview called HireVue where you have one chance to record an answer for a 5 STAR type questions and other situational questions. The following week I received another email asking me to schedule for an in person interview. There were only a few timeslots available. The first interview went very well and was very conversational with the district manager. The following week, I received another email asking me to schedule an in person interview for the following day. The Second interview was much like the first, with several situational questions and discussion of other information about the position. I was told if I made it to the next step there would be an interview in Chicago with the regional sales manager and that only 1 to 2 people would be interviewing. I called the HR recruiter who did the phone interview with me afterwards and she said she would call me immediately after she spoke to the district manager. However I never got a call back as I got an email a week and a half later asking for 5 to 25 references who would be emailed questionnaires to fill out about me. After all my references finished their questionnaires I called the recruiter and she told me she would call me as soon as she heard something else as I was down to the top two or three candidates. Two weeks passed with radio silence. The recruiter in HR did not return my calls or contact me. The day after I was told the position would need to be filled I checked my online account and it had been updated to say they had chosen to move forward with someone else. They did not even email or call me me to let me know I did not not get the position even though I was down to the final two or three candidates. Although Takeda is a great company their communication and the entire interview process was extremely frustrating. It's hard to move on to another position in your job search when you get radio silence and no updates for weeks and weeks.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

They made me fly in on my own money stating an emergency and showing no flexibility without due notice on time so I could inform my current workplace.
    They made statements such as, "we loved your resume".
    They screened me twice before calling me in.
    They gave a very positive feedback in the interview.
    Didn't consider a Skype interview.
    Said misleading statements that you will be a great fit.
    I said that all techniques stay the same and I know all, its just that I have expertise in something else. They said never mind you can still come on board.
    The next day they rejected me saying "my skills are inadequate".
    It serves them right that all staffing agencies tweak candidate resumes and put in fake experience as there is no value for the truth anymore.

Interview Questions

• What is the basic procedure you would follow for a viral based titer and expression in human cells.   Answer Question

Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked for basic information and going over the resume with the interviewer. I was more of a programming/development focus, so I was kept being questioned how I really wanted to work in such a position that did not fit my area. The interviewer seemed to be not interested, but he had definitely clearly stated the requirements for the position and something about the company's culture which is very nice. I really value this experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me something about the most important or difficult project that you have done?   Answer Question
    • We do not have much coding to do. Are you sure this is what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by remote interview via laptop then a face to face interview. I actually drove a very long way to interview and they were to reimburse the mileage but I was never reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR questions: name a time you had a difficult time with a coworker.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and receive a on-way online interview. I did the interview in two days and I didn't get any reply. It is not a traditional interview and I could have done better.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, a phone call with hiring manager, then face-to-face interview with five individuals at 30 minutes each including the hiring manager plus HR again. I don't feel that is enough time to get a good understanding of the role or share experiences with the appropriate people.

One bothersome step prior to the face-to-face interviews is that I had to submit five letters of recommendation from (five) different peers who had to go online and submit the recommendation . Little difficult to do when folks don't know you were interviewing outside of your current role.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral-based questions read right off of the packet of interviewer information.   Answer Question