Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative - Team I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Takeda Pharmaceuticals

1 Interview Review

2.0

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative - Team I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Columbus, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party hiring firm about a position the company had been trying to fill in a more rural type location. She walked through a basic phone interview and reviewed my resume. I was sent to a "video" interview link using an app called HireVue the next day. It was pretty simple to use and they allowed 3 days for completion at my time convenience. (Use the "sample questions" and get familiar with the process before you jump right in.)

They asked 5 basic questions semi related to sales in general and one "type your answer" question asking if I'd be willing to relocate with no financial assistance. The video interview wasn't my favorite style because you're unable to know specifically what their looking for with such broad questions. It was just pre determined questions that you're given thirty seconds to prepare for and 3 minutes to answer.

Questions:
1.) Why are you interested in working for Takeda?
2.) What would you consider the toughest sales job?
3.) What do you think makes a good sales representative?
4.) Tell about a when you experienced an interpersonal problem at work and how you handled it.
5.) Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.

The process took only one day from the time I was initially contacted by the 3rd party hiring agent to get the video interview completed. After that was submitted, I didn't hear a "yes" or "no" regarding their decision for almost two weeks. I then contacted the hiring agent and inquired about a response because I was offered another sales position with one week to respond. I wanted to make sure all offers were on the table before I accepted any position. Eight days after my deadline to accept the other company's offer (which I did thankfully instead of waiting for a response) I was contacted by email saying Takeda "was going to seek other opportunities and they wished me the best in my new career."

*** Disclaimer: I had no experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare, or anything thing remotely related to Takeda's industry. I was an account manager / outside sales representative for 3 years with a web development company. I'm not really sure why they were interested in contacting me besides they had been trying to fill the position for 3+ months.

I did hours upon hours of research about the company and the products they sold to prepare for more technical sales questions. There was no opportunity to get in depth for anything relating to that though. Takeda does seem to be a very successful company on a global scale. They pay their representatives much more than other pharmaceutical companies.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the toughest sales job?   1 Answer
  • Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.   1 Answer