Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First step - virtual interview - basically FaceTiming yourself. 6 questions pop up, one at a time, you answer it and hit done to move to the next

second step - phone interview "Tell me about a time..." Be prepared. Know your resume - pretty informal.

Third step - district managers meeting- "walk me through your resume."
 Lots of questions but very conversational.

Final step - meet with the regional manager. Tough, lots of questions but if your honest and transparent, you will be fine!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite lengthy. First was a virtual "facetime"-like interview. Then, I met twice with RM and once with DM. It's helpful to do your research on the company and to know a typical day in the life of a sales rep. Be yourself. Both managers were very friendly and didn't try and trip me up on any questions. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. "Tell me about a time when..." Nothing too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process has three stages.

First is a computer interview, where you are speaking to a computer that asks you questions and records your answers. You do this from home.

Second is an in person interview with a district manager (or two). They ask you lots of STAR questions. Come on time and be prepared to have your answers challenged.

Final interview is with the bosses boss, and may occur in a formal restaurant. The questions become more personal, and a few STAR questions might be thrown in. Take your resume with you and be prepared to talk about that. The interview may not be as conversational as you hope for, so be prepared for more STAR questions. Be prepared for anything. Most importantly, be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced with a team member or customer and how you overcame it?

They will read STAR questions from a list. Look a few up from Google and prepare some answers in your head. DO NOT MEMORIZE THE ANSWERS. You have to sound genuine, as if you are speaking off the cuff.
      Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Walk me through your resume sort of thing. Face to face with district Manager in territory I would be working in. Face to face with regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received email to schedule first interview via email / online. First interview was with two district managers and then 2 weeks later a second (final) interview with DM and RSD. Received rejection email "thank you for your application but position has been filled" about 2 weeks after final interview. Kind of a long process but overall was very fair. Prepare to have some of your responses challenged. Was not asked to sell anything (ea: pen)

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2015.

Interview

video interview conducted from my iphone. The format took some getting used to (you read the question and have 30 seconds to think about your answer. Then, you have up to 3 minutes to answer). There are no second chances but you can practice the samples questions as many times as you want. I completed it a week ago and have not gotten a return call yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the biggest accomplishment to this point in your career?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Video interview for Team 1 and Team 2 positions. I applied online and received an email within a couple of days that I had been chosen for a video interview. I practiced several times within the program prior to actually submitted the actual demo. Once you start you cannot do a retake so practice several times first.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of when you overcame a negative experience   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Did not like the fact that they take so long to get back to you. Applied via a employee referral and then did a phone screen. After that I waited almost three weeks and the District Manager contacted me for a face to face. He then cancelled a few days before the interview was to take place. Also, during this time waiting for my face to face; they had me supply them with 7 references for quickster. This was my first time using quickster and I have to say it was a horrible experience. First, they want only email addresses for your references that are work related; or else you have to supply an explanation to quickster on where they took the survey Just a weird experience when you receive a email from quickster asking you to find out where your references took the survey. Anyway, a few days after the DM cancelled my face to face; Takeda recruiting contacted me saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult partner or co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2015.

Interview

1st an online application. The next day I was asked to schedule an online video recorded interview. The day following I received a notification to schedule a phone interview. It was a very odd phone interview and not what I had expected. She asked basic legal questions, why I left my past jobs and how much I expected to make, all which I had previously answered on my applications. At which the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received an automated email the following day to complete the next step in the hiring process which was an online recorded interview. Takeda uses an outside vendor called HireVue for their recorded interview. I completed it a few days later. Less than a week later, I received confirmation from Takeda saying they received my recording and were reviewing my information. Nine days later, I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place at a nearby hotel, along with another manager. They informed me that they are looking to fill the position by the end of the following month and had several other candidates to interview. I never received a follow-up directly from them. Only after checking my online profile did I find that I did not pass to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to assess your experience level   Answer Question