Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for position and had to create an online account to check the status of my application. Two weeks after applying I received an email requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of normal walk me through your resume questions a few STAR format questions. A few days after that I was invited by email to take a digital interview called HireVue where you have one chance to record an answer for a 5 STAR type questions and other situational questions. The following week I received another email asking me to schedule for an in person interview. There were only a few timeslots available. The first interview went very well and was very conversational with the district manager. The following week, I received another email asking me to schedule an in person interview for the following day. The Second interview was much like the first, with several situational questions and discussion of other information about the position. I was told if I made it to the next step there would be an interview in Chicago with the regional sales manager and that only 1 to 2 people would be interviewing. I called the HR recruiter who did the phone interview with me afterwards and she said she would call me immediately after she spoke to the district manager. However I never got a call back as I got an email a week and a half later asking for 5 to 25 references who would be emailed questionnaires to fill out about me. After all my references finished their questionnaires I called the recruiter and she told me she would call me as soon as she heard something else as I was down to the top two or three candidates. Two weeks passed with radio silence. The recruiter in HR did not return my calls or contact me. The day after I was told the position would need to be filled I checked my online account and it had been updated to say they had chosen to move forward with someone else. They did not even email or call me me to let me know I did not not get the position even though I was down to the final two or three candidates. Although Takeda is a great company their communication and the entire interview process was extremely frustrating. It's hard to move on to another position in your job search when you get radio silence and no updates for weeks and weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by remote interview via laptop then a face to face interview. I actually drove a very long way to interview and they were to reimburse the mileage but I was never reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR questions: name a time you had a difficult time with a coworker.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First step - virtual interview - basically FaceTiming yourself. 6 questions pop up, one at a time, you answer it and hit done to move to the next

second step - phone interview "Tell me about a time..." Be prepared. Know your resume - pretty informal.

Third step - district managers meeting- "walk me through your resume."
     Lots of questions but very conversational.

Final step - meet with the regional manager. Tough, lots of questions but if your honest and transparent, you will be fine!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite lengthy. First was a virtual "facetime"-like interview. Then, I met twice with RM and once with DM. It's helpful to do your research on the company and to know a typical day in the life of a sales rep. Be yourself. Both managers were very friendly and didn't try and trip me up on any questions. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. "Tell me about a time when..." Nothing too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process has three stages.

First is a computer interview, where you are speaking to a computer that asks you questions and records your answers. You do this from home.

Second is an in person interview with a district manager (or two). They ask you lots of STAR questions. Come on time and be prepared to have your answers challenged.

Final interview is with the bosses boss, and may occur in a formal restaurant. The questions become more personal, and a few STAR questions might be thrown in. Take your resume with you and be prepared to talk about that. The interview may not be as conversational as you hope for, so be prepared for more STAR questions. Be prepared for anything. Most importantly, be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced with a team member or customer and how you overcame it?

They will read STAR questions from a list. Look a few up from Google and prepare some answers in your head. DO NOT MEMORIZE THE ANSWERS. You have to sound genuine, as if you are speaking off the cuff.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Walk me through your resume sort of thing. Face to face with district Manager in territory I would be working in. Face to face with regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received email to schedule first interview via email / online. First interview was with two district managers and then 2 weeks later a second (final) interview with DM and RSD. Received rejection email "thank you for your application but position has been filled" about 2 weeks after final interview. Kind of a long process but overall was very fair. Prepare to have some of your responses challenged. Was not asked to sell anything (ea: pen)

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2015.

Interview

video interview conducted from my iphone. The format took some getting used to (you read the question and have 30 seconds to think about your answer. Then, you have up to 3 minutes to answer). There are no second chances but you can practice the samples questions as many times as you want. I completed it a week ago and have not gotten a return call yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the biggest accomplishment to this point in your career?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Video interview for Team 1 and Team 2 positions. I applied online and received an email within a couple of days that I had been chosen for a video interview. I practiced several times within the program prior to actually submitted the actual demo. Once you start you cannot do a retake so practice several times first.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of when you overcame a negative experience   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Did not like the fact that they take so long to get back to you. Applied via a employee referral and then did a phone screen. After that I waited almost three weeks and the District Manager contacted me for a face to face. He then cancelled a few days before the interview was to take place. Also, during this time waiting for my face to face; they had me supply them with 7 references for quickster. This was my first time using quickster and I have to say it was a horrible experience. First, they want only email addresses for your references that are work related; or else you have to supply an explanation to quickster on where they took the survey Just a weird experience when you receive a email from quickster asking you to find out where your references took the survey. Anyway, a few days after the DM cancelled my face to face; Takeda recruiting contacted me saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult partner or co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question