Talbots Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Marietta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed first with DM via phone then with another peer SM within the district in person. After scheduling the second interview with the SM (as instructed by the DM), a recruiter reached out to me and claimed that the process was being completed "out of order" and insisted she needed to schedule a phone interview - which was literally 30 minutes prior to my scheduled meeting with the SM. Interviews and meetings with DM and SM were great, very smooth and conversational. The phone interview with the recruiter was extremely awkward. She was short, borderline rude with her questions and was actually eating and chewing (loudly!) through the duration of the interview. Terribly unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth. I was not offered the position (though I wouldn't have accepted even if I was), and remained in my current role. In the months following I learned that the SM I interviewed with had left and have gotten numerous complaints from my customers who also shop there that the service has gone down-hill significantly in the past year. I guess I dodged a bullet! I would be embarrassed if a recruiter of that caliber (or lack thereof) was representing my brand to prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to have a difficult coaching conversation with a sales associate and how did they respond.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling credit cards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a great interview. Love the manager who hired me. She was very positive about the company and loved her crew. She talked about how great the company is, etc. and she was a very, very good manager

Interview Questions

• How do you work with difficult customers   1 Answer

Shopping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talbots (Peachtree City, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The questioning was very straight forward. They asked about prior experience, situational hypotheticals, and why I wanted to work there.
    The interview was very comfortable and relaxed. The questions were to the point, and the interview was fairly easy.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Went to mall information desk for employment list of stores hiring. I know companies want an online application, but I still like to personally go to store and check it out, and try to get a face to face with the manager. Walked in store an asked if they were still hiring. The key holder was there and came out, and gave me an application which I took and filled out at the food court, and then returned to store. The manager was back from lunch, and spoke with me briefly, and said she would review and get back with me .I went home and filled our application online, manager called next day, and I had an interview that week- in person on site with manager. Got a second phone interview with DM, and then a day later a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask what I expected, and then told me what they paid.They did come up a little.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

I went through about 2 interviews over a span of 2 weeks before I was offered a position. I first met with assistant management, and I guess after getting their OK, I met with general manager. Manager told me immediately what the pay rate was (and it was well above my asking pay) and asked me to start the next day. That was the only negative, starting the next day was a little rushed and I could immediately sense their desperation for more associates... that trend carried on for the next couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me what you're wearing today.   1 Answer